Medallion holders buy on board or pre cruise

greymom3

We are going on our first Medallion cruise on Princess.  I think I want to purchase the gold bracelet medallion holder.  Do you recommend we purchase before the cruise on the app or wait until we are on board?  My plan is to have our medallions mailed to us before our cruise in January.  Thanks for your advice.

9 minutes ago, greymom3 said:

We are going on our first Medallion cruise on Princess.  I think I want to purchase the gold bracelet medallion holder.  Do you recommend we purchase before the cruise on the app or wait until we are on board?  My plan is to have our medallions mailed to us before our cruise in January.  Thanks for your advice.

You can do either, but I would try on the bracelet before buying. That one runs small.  It is very pretty but you need to get the right size.  

They mail it to you with a holder and a lanyard. 
It comes about 10-14 days before sailing.

I have completed two Medallion cruises without buying any accessories, but if I wanted one, I’d try Amazon instead of the cruise line provider.  There is some kind of tracking device that is substantially the same size, for which multiple holders are marketed.

I was shocked that my sister had to buy a large of that gold bracelet as she has fairly small wrists, it also was hard for her to put on & remove so I would recommend waiting until you can try it (you will also save the shipping) ...they will send you a free lanyard & holder you can use until you get on & can try.

I also bought an assortment of i-tag holders on Amazon, they will fit the Medallion, but the decorative metal ones interfered with reading the Medallion, so I am sending one back, the plastic & latex ones were fine, very inexpensive & cute.

14 minutes ago, janroatan said:

Which shop onboard carries Medallion holders?

Can I pay for with my OBC?

There has been a separate area on the ships I have been on that sell the Medallion accessories. It does have a name that I can't recall it but it is centrally located (I think usually near the photo gallery area). I haven't seen the accessories in one of the traditional on board shops.

Yes you can use OBC to pay.

Edited by leck57