Carnival Australia Embarkation Alcohol Policy

We are sailing on Carnival Splendor on Sunday for 10 nights.

The carnival.com.au website states in their Liquor and Beverage Policy that " Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board", BUT when I printed out our cruise documents from the carnival.com.au website which included our boarding pass, luggage tags and "important information" there is a section titled Liquor and Beverage Policy and in that it states "At the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day guests over 21 years of age and older may carry on in their hand luggage, one 750ml bottle of sealed/unopened wine or champagne per person"

I am confused and have waited on hold on the Carnival Australia 1300 phone number for over 30 minutes- 3 times!!! to try and get an answer.

We wanted to bring 2 bottles on board to enjoy on our balcony but if it is confiscated on boarding and held until we disembark- I don't want those 2 bottles to count towards our duty free allowance.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

That seems to be a generic mash-up of policies. If for Australia, it would be for guests 18 years and older, so they have managed to tangle their US policy with a bit of cut & paste.

Pretty sure they will take it off you at embarkation to collect at the end of the cruise.

NO NO NO, definitely NO alcohol can be brought onboard. Please don't bring it as yes it will be confiscated and returned to you on disembarkation. And in this instance probably will count towards your Duty Free allowance, not sure on that though. 

Thanks CDaze71 I will take that an emphatic NOOOOOO 🤣🤣.

Great how you can always get clarifications to questions on the Roll Call.

Thanks again and also to Arxcards for your insight. I think it is true about the cut and paste from the US site, but wonder how many people are going to be disappointed with having their alcohol confiscated for the duration of the cruise- when the cruise documentation stated that you could bring it on board They need to make it clearer.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, aussiecruiser66 said:

Thanks CDaze71 I will take that an emphatic NOOOOOO 🤣🤣.

Great how you can always get clarifications to questions on the Roll Call.

Thanks again and also to Arxcards for your insight. I think it is true about the cut and paste from the US site, but wonder how many people are going to be disappointed with having their alcohol confiscated for the duration of the cruise- when the cruise documentation stated that you could bring it on board They need to make it clearer.

Lots will be confiscated, but mostly for a different reason. Plenty of passengers aren't aware they even have T&C's. 

Edited by arxcards

I just had a look at the policy and it also mentions payment of gratuities in $US which can be pre-paid or will be added to their account on the second to last day of the cruise. This is not legal in Australia. I'm positive it is a cut and paste from the US.

8 minutes ago, nnps said:

I just had a look at the policy and it also mentions payment of gratuities in $US which can be pre-paid or will be added to their account on the second to last day of the cruise. This is not legal in Australia. I'm positive it is a cut and paste from the US.

No gratuities to pay if booking with a local agent 

On 10/6/2022 at 11:30 AM, aussiecruiser66 said:

We are sailing on Carnival Splendor on Sunday for 10 nights.

The carnival.com.au website states in their Liquor and Beverage Policy that " Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board", BUT when I printed out our cruise documents from the carnival.com.au website which included our boarding pass, luggage tags and "important information" there is a section titled Liquor and Beverage Policy and in that it states "At the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day guests over 21 years of age and older may carry on in their hand luggage, one 750ml bottle of sealed/unopened wine or champagne per person"

I am confused and have waited on hold on the Carnival Australia 1300 phone number for over 30 minutes- 3 times!!! to try and get an answer.

We wanted to bring 2 bottles on board to enjoy on our balcony but if it is confiscated on boarding and held until we disembark- I don't want those 2 bottles to count towards our duty free allowance.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

We're on HAL in November which is part of the Carnival group and my reading of their FAQs on this subject is that you can bring a 750ml bottle of wine in carry on for consumption in your cabin only. No confiscation. No corkage. Note: This may be Aus/NZ only.

9 minutes ago, Galesa said:

We're on HAL in November which is part of the Carnival group and my reading of their FAQs on this subject is that you can bring a 750ml bottle of wine in carry on for consumption in your cabin only. No confiscation. No corkage. Note: This may be Aus/NZ only.

HAL is different to Carnival on this, and they all vary from brand to brand. One bottle of wine per adult passenger is fine on HAL. Not sure if they still do it, but we have pre-ordered litre bottles of spirits to have ready in our cabin.

59 minutes ago, Galesa said:

Correct, same rules as Princess.