Voyager Class balcony partition

VegasVic17

On RC Voyager class ships, is there a way to find out if the partition between rooms on the balcony can be opened or removed?  Specifically, on Voyager of the Seas, balcony rooms 7636-7638 for example. I want to get two balcony rooms side by side with a family member and I would like to open up the balconies between rooms.  I don’t need to have joining rooms with a door in the room, just would like to share a balcony. Thanks for any help. 

Hi Vic!

I see no one has answered your question! If you go to cruisedeckplans.com, even without a membership -- you can see the deckplans and on them see some "double walls" between cabins. I believe those are "fire walls" and would not expect them to open. 7636 to 7638 I see no reason they would NOT open.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/deckbydeck.php?ship=Voyager-of-the-Seas&deck=7

You can also access YouTube video, just not contributed photos. Here is a video a few cabins aft of the ones you asked about (also not a firewall cabin). I did not watch it; it may or may not show the side walls on the balcony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEewyZvkrY4

Finally, if you haven't already, you might ask on the RCI board, if anyone has personal experience with balconies on that class of ship.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/51-royal-caribbean-international/

Good luck and welcome to posting on Cruise Critic!

• 4 weeks later...

Voyager is considered a 1st generation class ship, so Voyager, Explorer & Adventure balconies are part of the hull therefore the partition can't open between cabins next door to each other.

On the Voyager class only the Navigator & Mariner are outside the hull so the partition does allow  them to be open. this is a design of the ships.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

But, they don't always ALLOW the partions to be opened.....it's dependent on the Captain's whim.  On some other ships, it's simply a small doorway that opens from balcony to balcony.....so there is still a "partial" blockage there.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2022 at 6:05 PM, cb at sea said:

But, they don't always ALLOW the partions to be opened.....it's dependent on the Captain's whim.  On some other ships, it's simply a small doorway that opens from balcony to balcony.....so there is still a "partial" blockage there.

True....but we've never been on an RCI ship that wouldn't allow it...On a Captains "whim" I doubt that very seriously.