What is the definition for Fully Vaccinated on Holland America aka Hal as of October 7th, 2022?

Roxymax

What is the definition of fully vaccinated on Holland America aka Hal as of October 7th 2022?

Fully vaccinated by CDC is having the 2 doses of Mondera for example.  THe CDC does not include a booster requirement to meet the fully vaccinated status definition.

We can’t not find the definition of fully vaccinated for Holland America.

Can anyone shed light on this? 

2 hours ago, Roxymax said:

What is the definition of fully vaccinated on Holland America aka Hal as of October 7th 2022?

Fully vaccinated by CDC is having the 2 doses of Mondera for example.  THe CDC does not include a booster requirement to meet the fully vaccinated status definition.

We can’t not find the definition of fully vaccinated for Holland America.

Can anyone shed light on this? 

It apparently varies, dependent on when your cruise is.  On the HAL website, you submit your cruise info and it will tell you what's required.

I did find this, however:

We only accept vaccines that are approved or authorized for emergency use by the U.S. FDA, or the World Health Organization, or the European Medicines Agency (EMA). Some countries and regions on the itinerary may only accept vaccines approved by their regulatory agencies.

VACCINE DOSE
Pfizer (Comirnaty / BioNTech) 2
Moderna (Spikevax) 2
Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) 1
AstraZeneca (Covishield / Vaxzevria) 2
Sinopharm (Vero Cell) 2
Sinovac (CoronaVac) 2
Covaxin 2
Novavax (Covovax / Nuvaxovid) 2

This FAQ (answer) implies that just the initial 2 (1 for J&J) doses are sufficient FOR HAL. With the last one being at least 14 days before sailing.

However what you need to do is check your specific cruise (by booking number and your name, or by the cruise's Voyage Number (such as K288, for my cruise leaving 29 Dec 22). Because the protocol(s) are determined by the port country(ies). 

Cruises in 2023 are not published yet. (Even 7 Jan 23 is not coming up for me.)

https://book2.hollandamerica.com/protocols/

Fully Vaccinated.jpg

I’ve had the same question since HAL used to clearly define fully vaccinated status.  Overnight I got a notification for our November cruise.  It states that to be considered fully vaccinated you must complete your final dose of an approved vaccine at least 14 days before the cruise. Boosters are encouraged for eligible guests at least seven days before sailing.

15 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

This morning I loaded my QR code for my Covid shots into Verifly and it took it and gave me the green check mark.  I’ve only had the original two Moderna shots.

Thanks for the idea! I did the same and got the green check marks. I tried calling HAL.  Took 12 mins each time to get to operate then they could not hear me on the phone.  I have strong cell signal on 5g so I don’t know what the problem was .  So I could never get an answer.  Also ther chat function was not working either! 😞 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Roxymax said:

Thanks for the idea! I did the same and got the green check marks. I tried calling HAL.  Took 12 mins each time to get to operate then they could not hear me on the phone.  I have strong cell signal on 5g so I don’t know what the problem was .  So I could never get an answer.  Also ther chat function was not working either! 😞 

Glad you got the green check mark.  

On 10/8/2022 at 1:10 AM, crystalspin said:

This FAQ (answer) implies that just the initial 2 (1 for J&J) doses are sufficient FOR HAL. With the last one being at least 14 days before sailing.

However what you need to do is check your specific cruise (by booking number and your name, or by the cruise's Voyage Number (such as K288, for my cruise leaving 29 Dec 22). Because the protocol(s) are determined by the port country(ies). 

Cruises in 2023 are not published yet. (Even 7 Jan 23 is not coming up for me.)

https://book2.hollandamerica.com/protocols/

Fully Vaccinated.jpg

Thanks and good point that a port of call may have a regulation/stipulation that varies from the above protocol.

• Like 1