Live from Coral Princess - Round Australia October 2022

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

I'm feeling pretty good now, I just have a slight cough. Rolf is still negative.

Good to hear. Frank is similar with slight cough. But has done heaps of sleeping so that Iā€™m sure has helpedĀ 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The mask mandate was not dropped on this cruise. The majority of passengers, plus all the crew, have been wearing masks when moving around the ship and in the theatre. But, of course, there are always some who think the rules don't apply to them, and others who apparently never breathe through their noses. There are even some people who seem to think they breathe through their chins! šŸ¤”šŸ™„šŸ˜”

Exactly, excellent summation. šŸ˜.Ā 

• Like 1

Just now, Cbtours said:

Good to hear. Frank is similar with slight cough. But has done heaps of sleeping so that Iā€™m sure has helpedĀ 

Frank sounds like Rolf in that when he gets ill he just sleeps, and he gets over it very quickly. I rarely seem to be able to do that. šŸ˜ž

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, gazpam said:

So kind of you. Thankyou for the offer. We finally got our lunch at about 4.15pm. Stay well. Will keep you in mind if we have a problem today. Don't expect it though, as I managed to get our beautiful regular Lady on the phone to place our order. Stay well.

No problem

• Like 1

For some reason our cabin decided to turn itself into a fridge last night. We have it turned up to the warmest setting but it's only 17.9C in the cabin.

Ā 

We've had problems with it from Cairns onwards, firstly too hot (28C) on the coldest setting, now too cold. It's obviously linked to the outside air temps but is not providing relief from the extremes like air-con should.Ā 

5 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Frank sounds like Rolf in that when he gets ill he just sleeps, and he gets over it very quickly. I rarely seem to be able to do that. šŸ˜ž

Frank has had poor sleep patterns for so long (occupational hazard of living in a few time zones very often we figure lol) and heā€™s very rarely sick, so doing this much sleeping has been great. Heā€™s happily reading and relaxing today.

im not sure I could sleep much either as Iā€™m a light sleeper and an early morning person.Ā 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

For some reason our cabin decided to turn itself into a fridge last night. We have it turned up to the warmest setting but it's only 17.9C in the cabin.

Ā 

We've had problems with it from Cairns onwards, firstly too hot (28C) on the coldest setting, now too cold. It's obviously linked to the outside air temps but is not providing relief from the extremes like air-con should.Ā 

We have had our cabin set at the highest temperature, but have not had a warm day in it yet, apart from when we opened the door to prevent us freezing in the tropics. We are from the tropics, so cold is not an option.

Just now, gazpam said:

We have had our cabin set at the highest temperature, but have not had a warm day in it yet, apart from when we opened the door to prevent us freezing in the tropics. We are from the tropics, so cold is not an option.

Ours was better after Darwin for a few days and was OK during the day yesterday but suddenly dropped in temp early evening. We've reported it to guest services.Ā 

Ā 

How are you feeling today?Ā 

41 minutes ago, NSWP said:

How are iso meal deliveries today my friends? There were some issues yesterday, gazpam was waiting 6 hours for lunch. I wonder if it ever arrived?

Yes, arrived at about 4.15pm. Our morning cuppas arrived on time today, as they did yesterday. Ordered a couple of pastries as well, in case the afternoon wears on with no lunch delivery. But I don't really think that will happen again.Ā 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Ā 

Thatā€™s no good! Have you called maintenance? Cos weā€™ve got a few cool days ahead

14 minutes ago, gazpam said:

Weā€™re from Melbourne so are acclimatised to many variations in one day!!! And Iā€™m from England originally so was born adapting to three days of summer per year and winter the rest šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, gazpam said:

Yes, arrived at about 4.15pm. Our morning cuppas arrived on time today, as they did yesterday. Ordered a couple of pastries as well, in case the afternoon wears on with no lunch delivery. But I don't really think that will happen again.Ā 

Iā€™ve just popped up and brought back my fav almond croissant!!!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Ā 

We had problem with our heating/ cooling in our September cruise we were freezing with it on the highest settingĀ 

We reported it and it was in fault mode, they fixed it very quickly and it gave us no further problems.

Maintenance staff may not be able to enter your room at the moment.

Glad to hear you are feeling a little better today and your husband is still negative.

Keep up the interesting discussion, I particularly like your mask comments my husband often commented that passengers must breath through their chin.

Kind regards HeatherĀ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I forgot to mention those people who apparently breathe through their wrists! šŸ¤£

When I just popped up to buffet, a couple came to my lift, she had mask, he didnā€™t, next floor another guy got in and promptly started coughing (into his hand).Ā 
Ā 

from now on Iā€™m taking the stairs!!! Itā€™s just plain common sense we all need šŸ˜©šŸ˜©šŸ˜©

• Like 3

Just now, Bonne Voyage said:

We had problem with our heating/ cooling in our September cruise we were freezing with it on the highest settingĀ 

We reported it and it was in fault mode, they fixed it very quickly and it gave us no further problems.

Maintenance staff may not be able to enter your room at the moment.

Glad to hear you are feeling a little better today and your husband is still negative.

Keep up the interesting discussion, I particularly like your mask comments my husband often commented that passengers must breath through their chin.

Kind regards HeatherĀ 

We are allowed maintenance; our info letter states that if we have a balcony we just need to step onto it while maintenance attended too, or if no balcony then just maintain as much social distance as you can

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

We are allowed maintenance; our info letter states that if we have a balcony we just need to step onto it while maintenance attended too, or if no balcony then just maintain as much social distance as you can

Thatā€™s good news as itā€™s no fun to be unwell and cold.

I have been trying to get rid of those few extra kilos from our last cruise, before our next one, your almond croissant sounds delicious šŸ˜‹Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bonne Voyage said:

Thatā€™s good news as itā€™s no fun to be unwell and cold.

I have been trying to get rid of those few extra kilos from our last cruise, before our next one, your almond croissant sounds delicious šŸ˜‹Ā 

Ā 

I know the feeling lol. I gained 3kg during our 17 day (4 B2B) in June, (I just couldnā€™t resist the temptation after three years of no cruising hahahah) so worked very hard to shed them, plus another two kg to have up my sleeve as I was here 28 days.

Iā€™m trying my best to watch it too as we fly to South Africa two weeks after we get home and South Africans have no problem saying ā€œooo you picked up weightā€ lol

• Like 1

Best wishes to all those on board with Covid and it sounds like you are being well looked after - that is a relief.Ā  We have friends on this cruise but have not heard from them as they are not inclined to use emails etc while away.

Going back to the embarkation process in Sydney, were the RAT photo's (or equivalent) looked at ?Ā  This is only a general question - not blaming anyone or trying to stir up a hornet's nest šŸ™‚ I am interested as we sail from the OPT on Nov 3.Ā 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wombat706 said:

Best wishes to all those on board with Covid and it sounds like you are being well looked after - that is a relief.Ā  We have friends on this cruise but have not heard from them as they are not inclined to use emails etc while away.

Going back to the embarkation process in Sydney, were the RAT photo's (or equivalent) looked at ?Ā  This is only a general question - not blaming anyone or trying to stir up a hornet's nest šŸ™‚ I am interested as we sail from the OPT on Nov 3.Ā 

We were only asked to attest at Sydney though we had uploaded our photos. As it appears they can see our details maybe they didnā€™t need to ask

Just now, Cbtours said:

Thatā€™s no good! Have you called maintenance? Cos weā€™ve got a few cool days ahead

Yes, we called Guest Services to report it. We also asked for some blankets and they sent us four so we're rugged up well.

• Like 1

Just now, Wombat706 said:

From what I've heard they do random checks for the RAT photos.

• Like 2