Celebrity updated their website for testing

alyssamma

So on Bermuda’s website they say no testing necessary - on Carnivals website they now say no testing necessary - just got Travel Authorization back from Bermuda and it says “testing necessary” - can I presume Bermuda has simply not updated their form yet?

Unfortunately RCL has not yet updated and they sent us an email yesterday that we require to show a negative test to board for our cruise to Bermuda on October 29th. I really hope they update on the website soon because we're a group of 9 and I hate to order tests that we won't need. It's really so frustrating to drop $40/pop for TA and then this test

On 10/12/2022 at 7:29 PM, cellfree said:

So on Bermuda’s website they say no testing necessary - on Carnivals website they now say no testing necessary - just got Travel Authorization back from Bermuda and it says “testing necessary” - can I presume Bermuda has simply not updated their form yet?

I got mine today and it says the same - in the email. On the form it says:

SUBJECT TO COMPLIANCE WITH BERMUDA'S COVID-19 TEST REQUIREMENTS

But Celebrity's website (who I'm sailing on) is pretty clear about not needing testing.

I think the reason the TA says that is *unvaccinated* travelers still need to test. Yes, you specify if you are vaxxed or not, but I'm guessing their IT isn't smart enough to do that so they just put in those catch--alls.

Edited by alyssamma
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, alyssamma said:

But Celebrity's website (who I'm sailing on) is pretty clear about not needing testing.

I think the reason the TA says that is *unvaccinated* travelers still need to test. Yes, you specify if you are vaxxed or not, but I'm guessing their IT isn't smart enough to do that so they just put in those catch--alls.

Husband got his two days after mine, his wording is updated, so yes, mine and most likely a few others were done before Bermuda updated form. So all is well. After I got mine with “old” wording I emailed them and they immediately responded saying NO TESTING for vaccinated. So all is well - yikes!

10 hours ago, alyssamma said:

15 minutes ago, cellfree said:

Husband got his two days after mine, his wording is updated, so yes, mine and most likely a few others were done before Bermuda updated form. So all is well. After I got mine with “old” wording I emailed them and they immediately responded saying NO TESTING for vaccinated. So all is well - yikes!

Bermuda eliminated testing requirements for everyone, including the unvaccinated, effective with October 25 arrivals.

https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation

All Cruise travellers arriving October 25 2022 onwards will no longer require a pre-travel test, arrival test or a day 4 test. Unvaccinated non-resident travellers will still be required to upload valid proof of travel health insurance to enter Bermuda. 

Edited by njhorseman
  • Like 1

On 10/15/2022 at 9:38 AM, njhorseman said:

Bermuda eliminated testing requirements for everyone, including the unvaccinated, effective with October 25 arrivals.

https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation

All Cruise travellers arriving October 25 2022 onwards will no longer require a pre-travel test, arrival test or a day 4 test. Unvaccinated non-resident travellers will still be required to upload valid proof of travel health insurance to enter Bermuda. 

Got an email today from X...

• Unvaccinated Guests 12 and Older: Must present a negative PCR or antigen COVID-19 test result taken within 2 days prior to sailing to board. Test may be self-test or supervised.

So "self-test" is the key phrase here I think...

36 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

• Unvaccinated Guests 12 and Older: Must present a negative PCR or antigen COVID-19 test result taken within 2 days prior to sailing to board. Test may be self-test or supervised.

Celebrity, or any cruise line can require its passengers to be tested even if the cruise's ports of call don't require it. 

In this case Celebrity is requiring a test for unvaccinated passengers even though Bermuda is not.

I think allowing unsupervised self testing makes a mockery of the requirement. It's outright pathetic.

1 hour ago, alyssamma said:

Does it say the same thing on Celebrity's website? I recall reading that emails are auto generated and may not be updated. 

49 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Does it say the same thing on Celebrity's website? I recall reading that emails are auto generated and may not be updated. 

I checked and the website does say the same thing...and it specifically cites October 25 as the vaccination requirement changeover date. Effective on 10/25 vaccinated guests don't have to be tested but unvaccinated guests do but can use a self test. Clearly the October 25 and later requirements with the self testing for the unvaccinated are Celebrity's own concoction.

Edited by njhorseman
  • Like 1