Aqua overlooking the Sunset Bar

Ange loves aft

Good afternoon! I certainly don’t want to create a big debate, but I’ve been offered an upgrade to one of the aqua class Aft cabins on the Constellation.  It’s been probably five or six years since we sailed in one of these cabins and we noticed the smell of smoke most days when we were on our balcony. Can anyone update me as to whether or not smoking is still allowed at the Sunset bar? This would determine whether or not we change cabins. Thank you in advance!

2 hours ago, sun bum said:

Yes smoking is still allowed on the port side of the ship.

Shouldn't be on an M-class.  No smoking anywhere at the Sunset Bar when I was last on the Infinity and Summit.  

• Like 1

For me it would depend on the itinerary.   I would pass if it's a carrib cruise because there is going to be a lot more late night noise/drinking back there, for example.  If it's a cooler weather, older crowd type itinerary I might do it. 

We cruise the Mediterranean on the Constellation with my Brother-and Sister-in-Law in 2019. We had 1140 and they had 1141. The location is wonderful, the balconies quite large, and the wake views spectacular. We never smelled any smoke. As others have said, I do not believe smoking is permitted at the Sunset Bar on M-Class ships any longer (we were just on the Summit and did not notice any), although it is on S-Class ships.

The only comment I would make is that our "neighbors" in 1138 complained that, from their balcony, they could hear voices, the clinking of glassware and silverware, and the evening acoustic guitar performer from the Sunset Bar. They also complained about hearing the audio from the movie screen on the Terrace above. I had been concerned about the movie audio, but we only heard it one time while we were in Port, and we didn't find any of these sounds bothersome. In fact, we quite enjoyed the evening music.

We liked this location so much that we've booked 1141 on an upcoming cruise on the Constellation.

Hope you have a great cruise. 

We had cabin 1138 in Alaska last summer.The view was great as long as you were looking straight out. If you looked down at all,  pretty much all you could just see is the sunset bar.  

The back staircase to the sunset bar/oceanview cafe was the best part.  It was very easy to run down to grab a quick snack and a drink.  Keep in mind though that the back stairs are closed.when it is rainy-ish. Also, the treads on the stairs are narrower than normal stairs so those with big feet take note that you will be side-stepping up/down!

4 hours ago, beachluver9 said:

We had cabin 1138 in Alaska last summer.The view was great as long as you were looking straight out. If you looked down at all,  pretty much all you could just see is the sunset bar.  

The back staircase to the sunset bar/oceanview cafe was the best part.  It was very easy to run down to grab a quick snack and a drink.  Keep in mind though that the back stairs are closed.when it is rainy-ish. Also, the treads on the stairs are narrower than normal stairs so those with big feet take note that you will be side-stepping up/down!

They are also a tad steep.  Be careful when carrying something in each hand as I would advise using the handrail.