Berkshire Claim Incompetence (Rant)

mrlevin

I had a small claim for medical (dental) in Sydney Nova Scotia Canada.  Even though I identified which expenses were paid in Canadian Dollars and which in US dollars, BH, in their infinite wisdom, converted the expenses paid in Canadian dollars as if they were paid in Australian dollars.  I pointed this out via email when I first got notification of the claim; no response.  I called when I got (incorrect) check and explanation in mail; no action taken; they said they will have to get back to me.

I cannot be the first person to submit claim for expenses in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada; why can't BH just admit they made a mistake and fix it.

Rant over,

Marc

Understand the frustration.

My next step would be to file an official complaint, along with copies of claim and correspondence to my State Insurance Commissioner. Since they regulate who can sell insurance in your State, they may be willing to help. I know mine has helped resolve an issue in the past.

Here's a link for yours in Texas.

Texas Department of Insurance

10 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

Understand the frustration.

My next step would be to file an official complaint, along with copies of claim and correspondence to my State Insurance Commissioner. Since they regulate who can sell insurance in your State, they may be willing to help. I know mine has helped resolve an issue in the past.

Here's a link for yours in Texas.

Texas Department of Insurance

This ^^

But it *might* be enough to send one more, uh, updated claim request, and state that if you do not have written confirmation that the payment will be adjusted to USD (you might give the exchange rate for the date of service, if it's much different now; we did that once for an overseas travel insurance bill) within x days (10? 14?), then you *will* formally escalate it to the Texas Department of Insurance.

Good luck.

GC