PRIDE OF AMERICA'S Liberty restaurant not taking reservations

piglet55cc

Yesterday when I was looking at my summary, I noticed that for the 3 days I had reservations for the Liberty restaurant  they were no longer there. They didn't inform me, I just happen to see it. I called my PCC and he was confused because he was not informed of any changes. As of right now, the website states the Liberty is closed. I was able to make reservations for Skyline.  Makes me wonder if they are having a problem getting staff again, now that the 6 months are up for the staff/crew contracts.

This is nothing new -- POA has had restricted dining venues ever since they resumed service.  As you mentioned all the open venues are listed on the NCL website.  It has been widely discussed that passenger capacity continues to be limited.  It has also been reported that dining reservations made in advance have been cancelled closer to sailing and passengers given $25 OBC as goodwill, and reservations could be re-booked onboard.  I've read some recent reviews that things are improving, more staff continues to be added, and dining venues are expected to reopen.  I am sailing in January and was able to made dining reservations online; however, I am fully aware they may not be honored as sailing gets closer.

I'm not sure what they're up to. I was able to make Skyline reservations for each night of our 10/1/2022 cruise ahead of time, but they wiped them all out. I heard others had the same experience. However, I *think* some were able to make reservations onboard. Liberty dining room was closed the entire cruise and Skyline clearly wasn't full, I'm sure due to staffing issues/reduced capacity. Not having gone on NCL before, I'd say that "Freestyle" dining was a mess. We generally went down to dinner at Skyline about 6:30 and always had a 30-45 minute wait.

4 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

Don't let your experience on POA sour you from NCL. POA is unique in that it must be staffed by US Citizens. This is causing a massive staffing issue at the moment. The other NCL ships are running "properly".

We sailed this cruise in early October. One of the bartenders told us that typically the POA has to have 75% American citizens, but because of all of the staffing issues/ Covid difficulties that a 1 year exception was made that only 50% of the staff has to be an American citizens. Many months before sailing only Cagney and Le Bistro would accept reservations. Shortly before sailing, the Teppanyaki was opened, but we couldn’t make a reservation there before we boarded. Once we got onboard, we were told La Cucina just opened and was taking reservations. The Churrascaria and Dolce Gelato were not open.