Pre Booking Restaurant before cruising

Just a heads-up. We booked the surf & Turf on Discovery for sea day before we travelled and paid for 4 people (over £100) when I got home this week I found out we were charged again. Please check before you leave the restaurant, as I now have the pain of trying to get a refund. The only way you can do this is by email etc. over 28 days.

I did check my final day on the TUI Navigator App, and it didn't show up on there. Only found out when I checked my Bank Acc.

Then requested a final bill from Marella by using these emails

finalstatement@marelladiscovery.com

finalstatement@marelladiscovery2.com

finalstatement@marellaexplorer.com

finalstatement@marellaexplorer2.com

. You'll need to provide your booking reference, name and date of travel along with a copy of your bank statement showing the transactions you are querying.  As these queries will be investigated directly by the ship, which will be operating itineraries as normal including days at sea, please allow seven days for a response.

Pictures added to show I have a paper work trail.

Posted this just to help someone else if needed. 

Plus they sent (as well) someone else's account if your name is Mr Goddard I have your Bill 😁

surf turf over payment.jpg

surf turf payment.jpg

Screenshot 2022-10-12 142025.jpg

Just back from Discovery and don't think the pay restaurants were doing too well. They did demonstrations on deck to showcase the type of food they do and to advertise.  Didn't speak to anyone who had used these restaurants.

To be honest we had quite good food anyway and didn't feel the need to pay the extra. Same with the included drinks. I agree, not many people seemed to be doing trips but almost everyone we spoke to had booked within the last few weeks (including us). I very much got the impression people had gone to their TA and asked if there were any cheapie holidays available and were sold a cruise as many people had not cruised before.  I guess they have to find ways to introduce new people to cruising.

All's well that ends well.

Firstly, I would like to apologise for any frustrations caused by all of this. I am sorry for the experience you had on board with the reception and for the issues caused by this. I do hope despite this you had a lovely cruise with us. It must have been upsetting that your wife could not join you for this cruise and I hope she is feeling better 🙂 The team have confirmed that the refund has been processed and should land in your account within a couple of days. If you need anything else, you know where to find us! 🙂 ^Jess

Seen by Marella Cruises at 1 October 2020 at 15:16

Enter

Write to Marella Cruises

2 hours ago, Rebel Rouser said:

All's well that ends well.

Firstly, I would like to apologise for any frustrations caused by all of this. I am sorry for the experience you had on board with the reception and for the issues caused by this. I do hope despite this you had a lovely cruise with us. It must have been upsetting that your wife could not join you for this cruise and I hope she is feeling better 🙂 The team have confirmed that the refund has been processed and should land in your account within a couple of days. If you need anything else, you know where to find us! 🙂 ^Jess

Seen by Marella Cruises at 1 October 2020 at 15:16

Enter

Write to Marella Cruises

Good to hear. Thanks for giving us the update though, I certainly checked our account before leaving the ship!

1 hour ago, Pensioncruiser said:

Enjoy Howard, I'm certain you will. 

Hi Roger

I do hope you are well, i know you would always have a J/S on DISCOVERY but reading a TUI Article all the baths are coming out and now they are having walk in Showers, also the cabin we are having are doing away with those plastic curtains and putting on glass doors so it looks like good refit.

• 3 weeks later...

I've just had what I believe is my final statement debited from my bank.  However, I've still got 3 transactions pending and the money has been debited from my bank.   This happened to me be before on a previous cruise, so I've emailed them to cross reference my statement.   

Worth checking your accounts as original post states

• 2 months later...

Just to follow this up, when I complained. It said will follow up in 28 days, 90 days later I got an Email. But because I was away on the Iona for 12 days,  didn't receive this until this week.

They managed to get in touch eventually and spoke to a very nice work from home Holiday rep and was offered compensation which I put to my Cruise on the Voyager. Happy days.

compensation.jpg