🛳 Live from Allure 10-15 to 10-23 with Starlink

Ozark_Kid

19 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

AMBER THEATER 

This is another tip.  The Amber Theater can get cold.  There are vents under the seats.  Last night the cold air blew up the left side of the chair and it was very cold.  

Tonight I can still feel cold but not as bad as last night. So some chairs can be colder than others. With that said you might want to bring a jacket.

OMG you aren't kidding. We went to one show and sat in the lower level. A group of people went to their cabins to get blankets and get items to put over the vents. It was like a meat locker down there.

After that my wife would not sit in the lower level. lol

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

get the Lobster Thermidor and the veal together. They were both very good.

Can you get both at the same time?  How is the new iPhone working. 

Edited by Ozark_Kid
I put camera instead of iPhone. 😆
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

OMG you aren't kidding. We went to one show and sat in the lower level. A group of people went to their cabins to get blankets and get items to put over the vents. It was like a meat locker down there.

I always pack jackets and hoodies even on a Caribbean cruise lol

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, aubreyc1988 said:

Sorry if I missed this...I am a bit behind planning some of my own cruises...how is the Starlink? 

It is  not working yet.  I talked to the main IT guy.  They tried to boot it up the day before we cruised.   He said everyone started calling about problems.   It could handle the numbers on board.  He said Starlink tech is still working on it.

The OB3 has been good enough that we were able to stream football on the ESPN app.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It is  not working yet.  I talked to the main IT guy.  They tried to boot it up the day before we cruised.   He said everyone started calling about problems.   It could handle the numbers on board.  He said Starlink tech is still working on it.

The OB3 has been good enough that we were able to stream football on the ESPN app.  

I'm going on the freedom in a few weeks, thinking about buying a single day just to test it out. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

A blanket is a good idea.  Both nights we sat In the lower section.  It can be freezing. I noticed vents under Harmony seats but it wasn't that cold.

• Like 1

Yes!  I recognize the Pusser’s Rum label and can picture the bottle now.

That is the recipe we followed. The orange juice made the drink different from the Pina Colada.

Reminds me of the good old Summertime parties on our deck !

Thank you !

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

We saw them on Ovation a couple of weeks ago.  Their music was fantastic.  They all had great voices.  I thought their between songs jokes were a little corny (my mother was a big girl and she cried at the end of Free Willy), but the singing more than made up for it.  Since they couldn't fly headliners on and off the ship for our TP cruise, they were always hanging out on the ship somewhere.  The lead guy in the group was usually easy to spot.

I agree with the jokes, 🌽.   Also there dance moves need a lot of work but all of their voices were great.  I heard they will not stay onboard after this cruise.  If they are on a future cruise I would want to watch them again. 

I was surprised that I knew all but 2 of the songs.

Edited by Ozark_Kid
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Maryann, is Jim doing better?  I haven't had time to catch up on Dani's thread.

John, Jim is doing well, but he is very tired, and has been taking a lot of naps during the day.  Thank you for asking!❣️

How did you like Labadee??  I haven't been there in years!!

1 minute ago, Luckynana said:

John, Jim is doing well, but he is very tired, and has been taking a lot of naps during the day.  Thank you for asking!❣️

How did you like Labadee??  I haven't been there in years!!

We enjoyed it.  I am not sure but it might have been the last time we were on Allure,  2013, that we have been here.  We just got back to the room to get ready for Giovanni’s so I am not sure when I will start posting Labadee pics.

We booked most of our dinners at 5pm so we could finish and get to the earlier shows.  It was a mistake.   Not much time between eating lunch and dinner. But like Sharon says, ON a cruise you don't need to be hungry to eat!  

I am thankful Jim is doing better.   Have you made it home?

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@aubreyc1988 Is this where you saw them working on it?  Keith noticed someone working up there earlier. 

20221017_153012.thumb.jpg.67fadcbcbd191014842ee80f492cfadd.jpg

When you zoom in it looks like a Starlink satellite receiver. 

20221017_153131.jpg.4a7c5ef1af5e6795080ca70906823954.jpg

Oh I never saw anyone working on anything, staff members told me they were doing a test run of starlink on my Oct 1 sailing. Obviously not a great test run

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Tonight was one of the best tribute bands I've heard called oh What A Night.  Tribute to Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. 

Oh, I would have loved that!  The reason I asked you about Dazzles is I thought I read somewhere it was used to showcase tribute bands much like the Music Hall does on other Oasis class ships.  

I'm guessing this is in the main theater.  Glad you got to enjoy that!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We enjoyed it.  I am not sure but it might have been the last time we were on Allure,  2013, that we have been here.  We just got back to the room to get ready for Giovanni’s so I am not sure when I will start posting Labadee pics.

We booked most of our dinners at 5pm so we could finish and get to the earlier shows.  It was a mistake.   Not much time between eating lunch and dinner. But like Sharon says, ON a cruise you don't need to be hungry to eat!  

I am thankful Jim is doing better.   Have you made it home?

Thank you again, John.  You got home Thursday evening.  We were able to fly non-stop into Philly, which is around 1 and a half hours from home.  It was a good flight😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Luckynana said:

Thank you again, John.  You got home Thursday evening.  We were able to fly non-stop into Philly, which is around 1 and a half hours from home.  It was a good flight😊

*We got home..lol!

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

But like Sharon says, ON a cruise you don't need to be hungry to eat!  

That is very true. I can remember being on a plane flying home and thinking that was the first sensation of hunger I has felt since boarding the ship and making my first visit to the Windjammer eight days previously. It isn't about hunger on a cruise, it is about whether there is room to eat more.

• Haha 9

I hope you don't mind a stowaway on this thread!
I'm going with my family on Allure out of Galveston in December (booked last week), and wanted to get tips and info about the ship when I found this.  And it looks like I came to the right place!. :classic_smile:  We were on Harmony in 2018, but haven't cruised since 2019, so I'm relearning some things.

Loving all the pics!
Mindy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Can you get both at the same time?  How is the new iPhone working. 

Yes I did. You can order as many entrees as you want. I did the Lobster Thermidor and the veal together. The lobster is not that big.

Phone is great but I haven’t shot hardly anything in the 48mp Raw format. Too much of a pain to down convert and upload to CC. I do think the camera performs really well in low light. So far I’m very impressed. I need to start shooting in 48mp and see what it can do. Looks like you are having a blast. Me too I just don’t have the stamina after the injury. I’m drinking way less.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Phone is great but I haven’t shot hardly anything in the 48mp Raw format. Too much of a pain to down convert and upload to CC.

I am glad the new phone is working out for you.   With the speed Starlink is giving you,  why not try uploading a 48mp sample to CC and see what happens. 

We ate at Giovanni’s tonight and it was great.  Right now the Aqua show is about to start. I may wait for our at sea day to share Labadee,  Giovanni’s and the Aqua show.  We are having a great time and thankful you are all following along.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Before it starts. People keep asking if the ships are full.  I don't know the exact number but this one is and it is a great thing.  We have met sooo many new people and enjoyed great conversations.   I enjoyed the reduced numbers but this is the way it should be.  All we have come across have been so nice. 

20221017_200223.jpg.f4113fd2edc5747111a2debed8573070.jpg

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We ate at Giovanni’s tonight and it was great.  Right now the Aqua show is about to start. I may wait for our at sea day to share Labadee,  Giovanni’s and the Aqua show.  We are having a great time and thankful you are all following along.

Definitely wait for your sea day to share your experiences in Labadee, Giovanni's and the Aqua show, John!  Enjoy yourself!!!  We'll be here, no worries!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1