Bali Ideas

Jamietravelstheworld

Hello. I'll be on a cruise next fall that has 2 days in Bali (Benoa port). I've been there before and saw a lot so I'm struggling with what I'd like to do this time. A couple questions:

1. Are there hotels/resorts that allow day passes for the beach with facility usage? 

2. Is it easy to get cabs at the port or in Ubud to take you to specific destinations or is it better to hire a driver for the day?

Thanks.

12 hours ago, Jamietravelstheworld said:

Hello. I'll be on a cruise next fall that has 2 days in Bali (Benoa port). I've been there before and saw a lot so I'm struggling with what I'd like to do this time. A couple questions:

1. Are there hotels/resorts that allow day passes for the beach with facility usage? 

2. Is it easy to get cabs at the port or in Ubud to take you to specific destinations or is it better to hire a driver for the day?

Thanks.

We'll be in Bali in December for 2 days. Hired a private guide (dewa)that i found here on cruise critic.   We have emailed back and forth several times discussing what i want to see and what he recommends.   I think a private driver/guide isthe way to go.

• 2 months later...

I would be interested in getting the name and contact info for Dewa.  Cruise will end in Bali on Jan 4th 2024. Looking for a private driver to pick us up at port, , private tour for the day, possibble drop off at our hotel in Sanur.  p

Please advise  thanks Julie

23 minutes ago, luv2cruise2321 said:

Please send me info on how to contact Dewa.

Dewa contact information - I used him as guide in 2019. Excellent guide.

WhatsApp: +6285238493089 

Email: dgrock1140@ yahoo .com (Remove Spaces)

You can also find more details and inspiration in this topic.

As hallasm says, the "correct" Dewa's email is dgrock 1140 @ yahoo. com (remove spaces)

We embarked our cruise in Bali.  There were not any taxis or guides around at the port that I could see.  It's a very basic port, and guides/taxi drivers must pay to enter, so perhaps that's one reason why!  I would book something in advance. 

luvs2cruise, we had Dewa pick us up at the airport and take us to Sanur for the night.  If you don't have a hotel, we liked the one we stayed at.  It wasn't cushy, but the room was big, and we were very comfortable there. I forget the name but I can look it up.  Then Dewa picked us up and drove us to Ubud, stopping a few places on the way.