In Covid Quarantine on Beyond

lorimay

On 10/22/2022 at 3:34 PM, Jimbo59 said:

I am curious as to why people pay very high prices to stay in suites on Celebrity when for the same price you can sail on the true upscale cruise lines. By the way, I am Elite on Celebrity and have sailed on the Queen Mary.

All about what you want from your holiday…

Firstly we like the dress code on Celebrity. We like smart casual. We don’t want to dress up (DH in, particular, does not want to be in a suit every night) but we do like to be smart/casual.

Secondly, we like the ship in a ship concept. We enjoy the full ship experience with all its included speciality restaurants offered on Celebrity. We also enjoy visiting a range of bars, not just sticking to the Retreat Lounge. 

Thirdly we enjoy being able to ‘retreat to the Retreat’ for the more club atmosphere.

We also like the diversity on Celebrity, a nice mix of US, UK, European and others…

• Like 2

On 10/21/2022 at 3:12 AM, C4HCG said:

You’ve got me scratching my head here. Just because many people including me think it’s time to move on doesn’t mean we have forgotten what happened or are in denial, that’s just wrong. The impact of the world living with continuous and seemingly never ending restrictions to combat Covid are in my view far worse than the disease. 

Very well put, thank you for writing this, 100% agree.

• Like 4

On 10/20/2022 at 6:10 PM, Redtravel said:

I seldom saw anyone else washing

Been on 6 cruises, 3 Equinox 3 Edge one every month that Celebrity brought into service in 2021. We seldom saw any hygienic practices by fellow passengers. Even when stopped by staff for a squirt they would refuse. We are shocked there wasn't greater spread. Maskless policy on Equinox Christmas sailing had outbreak and captain ordered masks. 40% of passengers refused to mask up. "We have met the enemy and they is us." Walt Kelly

• Like 2

On 10/21/2022 at 10:21 AM, SailingHigher said:

Windstar's Wind Spirit. 148 passengers max. 4 masts & sails. (Our May 2022 canceled cruise was to be on Windstar's Star Legend from Amsterdam to Norway to Copenhagen.) We anticipate that our cozy Wind Spirit cabin will be dramatically different from our recent Royal Suite on the Beyond.  

I hope you have a great trip. It is a beautiful ship. 

Just back from Star Breeze.  In June, cruised on Summit.  Crowded and uncomfortable. Spouse got Covid. Stress level was really high. Windstar is completely different. They advertise 180 degrees different. No crowds.  We had 130 guests. Maximum would’ve been 312.  There was lots of space.  It felt relaxed and comfortable. I am a mask wearer.  On WS I felt ok without a mask. Crew wore masks.  Had a fabulous time and didn’t get Covid. Have a great time on Windstar.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

Just back from Star Breeze.  In June, cruised on Summit.  Crowded and uncomfortable. Spouse got Covid. Stress level was really high. Windstar is completely different. They advertise 180 degrees different. No crowds.  We had 130 guests. Maximum would’ve been 312.  There was lots of space.  It felt relaxed and comfortable. I am a mask wearer.  On WS I felt ok without a mask. Crew wore masks.  Had a fabulous time and didn’t get Covid. Have a great time on Windstar.  

Been on Windstar myself twice. Contemplating   Switching back after I complete my next 2 Celebrity cruises over the next 4 months if these cruises are not comfortable with the very relaxed rules and I or my wife pick up Covid.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zitsky said:

A smaller ship means less chance of getting Covid not no chance. 

Maybe, maybe not, as that certainly isn't the only factor.  Bottom line remains: if one is concerned about getting covid, .cruising (or sporting events, concerts, restaurants, malls, wallymart, airplanes, busses, etc) are not for them.

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Maskless policy on Equinox Christmas sailing had outbreak and captain ordered masks. 40% of passengers refused to mask up

Not sure if you remember but there was a massive Omicron outbreak in

many places in December 2021. Not just on your ship. 

3 hours ago, bucfan2 said:

Maybe, maybe not, as that certainly isn't the only factor.  Bottom line remains: if one is concerned about getting covid, .cruising (or sporting events, concerts, restaurants, malls, wallymart, airplanes, busses, etc) are not for them.

My partner got Covid after getting boosted from friends who got it on a cruise a month before.  I was fine.

10 hours ago, bucfan2 said:

Everyone in my congregation that caught COVID this past year did it at family events.

I’ve flown, cruised, and land-toured since re-opening and still haven’t caught COVID. By my experience, families cause COVID. Traveling’s a piece of cake. 😉 

• Like 1