Drink selections with Carousel Shows on Mera?

HipHipOnAShip

18 minutes ago, HipHipOnAShip said:

I know this is minor, but does anyone know what the 3 drinks are that one can choose from when purchasing the "Carousel Shows" on the Meraviglia?  I keep reading that folks don't like them, but I'm curious as to what they are. Thanks in advance!

Per Cruiseradio site, Cocktails include Bombay Tonic, Vodka Red Rooster, Virgin Mojito, Rosemary Gimlet, Tiki Mule, and Paloma Fizz.  I'll know next week and weigh in with my opinion.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, JAGR said:

I'll know next week and weigh in with my opinion.

I am interested in knowing what they are.  When I attended a show in pre-Covid, a Bahama Mama (where a Rum bottle must have been "waved" over the glass with the bartender chanting "transfer"), another drink with "alcohol"--whatever that was--and a virgin drink were available.  

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, JAGR said:

Per Cruiseradio site, Cocktails include Bombay Tonic, Vodka Red Rooster, Virgin Mojito, Rosemary Gimlet, Tiki Mule, and Paloma Fizz.  I'll know next week and weigh in with my opinion.

Are you also on the Halloween cruise? Saw a post the other day that made me wonder! I am. 

21 hours ago, JAGR said:

Thank you! Those are hardly "signature drinks" 🙂

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Couplecruisers said:

Are you also on the Halloween cruise? Saw a post the other day that made me wonder! I am. 

We are on the week before, Oct 23rd through the 30th, so we technically miss Halloween on the 31st, but I assume they'll be celebrating the week we are on as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Morgsmom said:

Thank you! Those are hardly "signature drinks" 🙂

I think "signature" drinks are kind of like the practice they have of having a limited number of drinks at YC, Diamond, and Welcome Back parties.  Just mass produce some drinks, and reduce labor costs for bartenders and servers.

16 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I am interested in knowing what they are.  When I attended a show in pre-Covid, a Bahama Mama (where a Rum bottle must have been "waved" over the glass with the bartender chanting "transfer"), another drink with "alcohol"--whatever that was--and a virgin drink were available.  

I looked this up...here is my information.  However, I read elsewhere afterward that there were only 3 offering so don't know what the 3 are now. I'm sure the ship's bartenders may not make them exactly as shown.

Cocktails include Bombay Tonic/Gin tonic;

Vodka Red Rooster/ 1 1/2 quarts cranberry juice cocktail. 1 (6-ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate, defrosted. 2 cups vodka;

Virgin Mojito

Rosemary Gimlet/usually gin/sometimes rum w Rosemary Syrup

Tiki Mule/ Tiki Mule · 2oz rum · 1/2oz Iconic Ginga Syrup · 1/2oz Iconic Spiced Honey · 1/2oz lime juice · 2-4 pieces of pineapple · Splash of sparkling water.

Paloma Fizz Blanco tequila, fresh grapefruit and lime juice mixed with agave sweetener and sparkling water creates this delightful thirst quencher

On 10/15/2022 at 10:22 AM, JAGR said:

Vodka Red Rooster.

The Red Rooster, a cheap and lazy variant of the Madras.

The R.R. should really be served as a party punch. That way, the fruity weakness of the drink is expected.

(In fairness, the drink would not be cheap in parts of the world where orange juice and cranberry cocktail are more expensive than decent vodka.)

On 10/15/2022 at 4:02 PM, HipHipOnAShip said:

I know this is minor, but does anyone know what the 3 drinks are that one can choose from when purchasing the "Carousel Shows" on the Meraviglia?  I keep reading that folks don't like them, but I'm curious as to what they are. Thanks in advance!

They are mass produced i.e. pre mixed, totally unmemorable. But no one books these shows for the quality of the drink offerings!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, marierdna said:

Are those the only drinks they serve a the show? Can you buy other drinks?

The crazy thing is you are not allowed to carry drinks into any shows on MSC, and there is no bar facility in the Carousel Arena! We encountered someone who smuggled their drink poured into a coffee cup container with lid, and sipped same during the show we attended a few months ago!

22 minutes ago, hamrag said:

The crazy thing is you are not allowed to carry drinks into any shows on MSC, and there is no bar facility in the Carousel Arena! We encountered someone who smuggled their drink poured into a coffee cup container with lid, and sipped same during the show we attended a few months ago!

Making notes...😛

1 hour ago, hamrag said:

I DO like having a nice cup or "iced coffee" with me during a show.  What a great idea!😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JAGR said:

I DO like having a nice cup or "iced coffee" with me during a show.  What a great idea!😉

But, you'd need a handbag....the security at show entrances are almost entirely male, and they wouldn't dare search a handbag!! 😉

• Haha 1