4 in one room!

First post!

For my college graduation, I am going on a cruise with my sister, my mom, and her best friend. We are going on the Rhapsody out of Galveston on May 21st.

We are currently scheduled to stay in one room, and we are wondering just how cramped for space we'll be. We are in the lowest class of room that will fit 4, inside with no window. I think it's called an "N" cabin.

Has anyone ever tried 4 adults in one room? Are we being unrealistic about trying to fit in such a small room?

I would love to hear your thoughts and opinions on this, thanks in advance!

Jen

I sailed with 3 in a room on Sovereign of the Seas in an inside stateroom. Yes it is crowded, but you won't spend that much time in your room. If you are on a budget then this is a great way to go. As long as everybody can keep thier things organized, then you will be okay. If you get a balcony, it should have seating for two outside. That should make things a little less cramped. Another thought is when you get to the pier ask for another room. They might have another inside stateroom at an amazing price. (It never hurts to ask)

Try to see how much the price difference is for 2 cabins. The price for us for 2 cabins was only 350 bucks more, no brainer. If it's a lot more here is an idea, you can always shower in the fitness center, they have great showers there, towels and hair dryers too. And, you won't be in your cabin that much. Have a great time!

Those cabins are TINY!!! If you can swing it, try for 2 cabins--life will be much easier. 2 of us had a Superior Ocean View once(which is larger than the room you're booking)--one had to sit on the bed while the other dressed. Very little storage space. If it's a 3 day cruise, maybe, but longer than that...

Great idea about the fitness center!

We can't do 2 cabins, and the reason is because my mom's best friend is from Oklahoma, and with her being out of state, we got a huge discount. Down from $2770 to $1970 for all 4 of us. We are all Texans, so whoever is in the cabin of just Texans would be paying full price (not good for us!). We would be up for paying a little more to get a bigger room, but we all do need to stay together for the best price.

We do plan to be out and about most of the time - none of us is really into staying in the room a whole lot, except for sleeping and getting ready for meals. I think getting ready for meals will be the toughest part, but I wouldn't mind getting ready in the fitness center or something like that.

Oh, and we will be doing the 7 day cruise....

There is very little difference getting 2 inside cabins. It is not worth being jammed into such tight quarters. Now, 2 years ago, my kids (3) took one friend that made 4 in one cabin. It worked since the 2 teens were never there, and never changing at the same time. Plus, when they needed space the other 2 would come into our cabin. But no way was I spending for 3 cabins...

But 4 grown woman--tight squeeze. If this was the only way to go then go and work it out--it is workable. But comfort wise look into 2 inside cabins. The discount for the 3rd and 4th does not outweigh the comfort level. Sleeping is the least. It is moving about--you will not be able to.

Have fun whatever you do and have a wonderful time.

I have to agree with everyone, you spend very little time in your room so it won't make that big of a deal.

On my first cruise (sovereign) I shared an inside room (approx. 119 sg ft, according to rccl.com) with my sister and 2 cousins - 4 TEENAGE girls! It was kind of a nightmare at dinner time and in the morning, but it was otherwise fine, and we had a blast!

Have fun!!

Great idea about the fitness center!

We can't do 2 cabins, and the reason is because my mom's best friend is from Oklahoma, and with her being out of state, we got a huge discount. Down from $2770 to $1970 for all 4 of us. We are all Texans, so whoever is in the cabin of just Texans would be paying full price (not good for us!). We would be up for paying a little more to get a bigger room, but we all do need to stay together for the best price.

We do plan to be out and about most of the time - none of us is really into staying in the room a whole lot, except for sleeping and getting ready for meals. I think getting ready for meals will be the toughest part, but I wouldn't mind getting ready in the fitness center or something like that.

Oh, and we will be doing the 7 day cruise....

She gets a discount for being out of state? Here in Florida, we get a discount for being in state (sometimes).

She gets a discount for being out of state? Here in Florida, we get a discount for being in state (sometimes).

We couldn't get a discount unless the ladies were 55 or older for our cruise, and mom asked the travel agent if there was anything else he could do. He said "I can't do anything unless one of you is 55 or out of state." We were so thrilled to save almost $1,000! We told our Oklahoma friend, Karen, that we're now officially taking her on all of our vacations!

Looks like a big discount--but it only comes to 200 more each to get a cabin with 2 of you. It will make a difference. Changing in the spa is not as practical as u think. Takes more thought as to what to bring and so on,.... who wants to think that much. And if you are getting in later than mom and friend, it is not easy to navigate around the beds and into the bathroom to change. For 200 each I would opt for the 2 bathrooms and easier living for 7 days.

We were 3 women and one man, all friends from work and stayed in an inside on the Rhapsody about 4 years ago. We had a great time. We were rarely in the cabin at the same time. I am a early riser (while on a cruise) so I was the first one up, I got my clothes ready the night before and left them in the bathroom. I'd get up and take a shower and get dressed then leave the cabin. I liked going to the spa area and use the steam room before dinner so I took a shower there then went to the room to finish getting dressed for dinner. I think its a great way to go for 4 singles and I'd do it again. Not good for privacy but we all agreed we get plenty of privacy at home. We also agreed on the basic rule of everyone is responsible for their own good time and not to complain unless something can be changed to help with whatever the complaint is. The guy that went with us is a guy who packs in a carryon for the whole cruise and hung out in the bars most of the time, so we rarely saw him, he said he had a great time.

good luck on your cruise!

Looks like a big discount--but it only comes to $200 more each to get a cabin with 2 of you. It will make a difference. Changing in the spa is not as practical as u think. Takes more thought as to what to bring and so on,.... who wants to think that much. And if you are getting in later than mom and friend, it is not easy to navigate around the beds and into the bathroom to change. For $200 each I would opt for the 2 bathrooms and easier living for 7 days.

The lowest category inside is very small. Is there any way you could go to a J inside? It is much larger, around 185 sq ft. Dh and I were in the smallest category on the Rhapsody, and I said never again. I think it's around 136 sq. ft or something like that.

Marie

We have stayed 4 in a room before (ONCE!). My husband and I and two daughters. The bathroom situation was a nightmare. We found out after the first two days that we must take shifts coming back to the cabin early for showers. The other 2 of us stayed downstairs at the pool or elsewhere. That way only 2 people were in the cabin at one time (except for sleeping). The 2 that got ready for dinner earlier went downstairs for before dinner drinks, arcade, etc. while the other 2 got ready. It can be done but it is not very comfortable. If you are going on a budget and cannot swing for the extra cabin just go with a plan for the bathroom situation. A cruise in a cramped cabin is better than no cruise at all. :D

Jen,

This is your first cruise, and if it is the way you are able to go, it is the way you are able to go. The above poster's idea of using the facilities "in shifts" is a great one. Concentrate on the fun rather than the bathroom, and you all will have the time of your lives!!

Tracy

Hey Jennifer....

Just wanted to let you know that we have always had inside cabins and had 4 people in them. Now, two adults and our two sons aged 14 and 18...so you could basically say 4 adults.

We never have any problems with the inside cabins.

I also did a 5 night with 3 in a room, all three were girls. This was very easy too however, more of a challenge than with the guys but only when it came to shower and makeup time.

I don't do a whole lot of makeup so it really didn't make much of a difference for me and one used the bathroom for makeup and the other used the vanity. No big deal.

You must keep things tidy though.

Go and enjoy yourself .....don't worry about the 4 of you in an inside cabin. It works just fine!

I really have enjoyed reading your responses! I also like the idea of staggered "getting ready" times for meals. We are all pretty easy going and don't need much time to get ready.

My dear mother is paying for all of the girls going on this trip as a gift to me for graduating. I am simply thrilled to be able to sail away for the first time ever with some of the coolest ladies in my life!

I really have enjoyed reading your responses! I also like the idea of staggered "getting ready" times for meals. We are all pretty easy going and don't need much time to get ready.

My dear mother is paying for all of the girls going on this trip as a gift to me for graduating. I am simply thrilled to be able to sail away for the first time ever with some of the coolest ladies in my life!

This is very generous of your mom. I am sure the cruise will be wonderful.

Enjoy!

Marie

If this is the only way that you can do it, go for it!

That being said, it will be very tight!! We get a little annoyed at constantly bumping into each other with just two, and that is one man and one woman!

Pre dinner showers and dressing will be crazy. Can't imagine how it would be with 4 women dressing for dinner.

Just an idea-- may want to schedule 2 for the first seating, and two for the second seating to space the pre dinner grooming routines. Will get awefully hot in there after 4 showers and 4 women using the blow dryer!! Maybe the older women will want to eat earlier?? If eating together is a priority, then just put up with the grooming rush!!

Been there, done that! Just got back yesterday...

Small is an understatement..LOL

We knew we wouldn't be in our cabin much, so it wasn't a big deal, and my best advice is for all 4 of you to not be in the cabin at the same time, other than sleeping...we took shifts in pairs to get ready, etc and it worked fine...We were shocked how small it was though. I hate living out of a suitcase! We had a blast though and looked at everything with a positive attitude and had no problems..Enjoy your trip! :p

Been there, done that! Just got back yesterday...

Small is an understatement..LOL

We knew we wouldn't be in our cabin much, so it wasn't a big deal, and my best advice is for all 4 of you to not be in the cabin at the same time, other than sleeping...we took shifts in pairs to get ready, etc and it worked fine...We were shocked how small it was though. I hate living out of a suitcase! We had a blast though and looked at everything with a positive attitude and had no problems..Enjoy your trip! :p

(Sorry, Jennifer..........)

Hey, bnsilly! How was your cruise?

Archived