Entertainment on Odyssey

After three cancelled Odyssey cruises, I finally made it onto the ship a couple weeks ago. It was an amazingly positive experience. I've taken a number of cruises since the start-up, but this one will always be a stand-out due to the extraordinary entertainment. We saw the Showgirls early in the cruise and loved the high energy and lavish costumes. I felt the production numbers were well executed (I'm not a fan of dance numbers that rely heavily on artistically flopping on the floor, and they held this to a minimum). And it's always a plus when they perform to music you are particularly fond of.

The Book was amazing. I liked it better than Spectra's Cabaret (the Anthem), but admittedly, this one had aerials to add to it, whereas the Anthem wasn't yet rigged to include the aerials in January.

The Effectors was simply fantastic. An amazing amount of talent went into the development of that show. My favorite number was Shatter Me with the stunning laser effects. 

If you cruise on the Odyssey, don't miss these productions. They are high quality, high-tech productions that you would pay serious money to be able to see in a venue like Las Vegas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@emeraldcity We’re on Odyssey in April and can hardly wait!  I’d love to see a copy of the show schedule if you have it and would be willing to post it. Did you have any problems getting reservations for shows and activities such as North Star and iFly? I’ve tried looking at current sailings on the app but it hasn’t been much help. Thanks! 🙏

Agreed! We always attend the shows and I felt the entertainment productions on Odyssey were outstanding. We loved the 3 production shows, as well as the regular headliner Gold Art Duo. However, the rest of the entertainment was pretty weak or non-existent. I was odyssey for 12 days and I’ve never been on a cruise with so many evenings with no shows to see, it was disappointing. I also wish it had a good cover band for the music hall, like I’ve experienced on other ships. 

10 hours ago, perfect match said:

Did you have any problems getting reservations for shows and activities such as North Star and iFly?

As soon as you board the ship, book these activities via the app if you want your preferred days/times. Most availability is while the ship is in port, so try to fit in a time before or after your excursion.

We were on Odyssey at the very end of Feb early March. Showgirls was not running yet, so didn't see that. We found The Book to be technically impressive, but kind of lacking on story. I'd still see it again though. As for the Effectors, we found it very cheesy in about every way, all though the specially effects were good. I don't think we'd ever choose to watch it again. I would say that what they've shown in the MCU shows on Disney+ for the  fake Rogers: The Musical has a better production value.

For comparison, we've loved other productions on other ships, Hairspray, Hiro, 1977 on Symphony, not so much Flight. Chicago! (Allure pre-2015), etc.