"Live" Regal Princess, Oct 26 to Dec 2, Rome to Ft Lauderdale

LACruiser88

4 minutes ago, Refreshing said:

LOL.....thanks!  I have used computers since 1986 and I find this site a wee bit challenging to navigate!  I couldn't find you!   🙂 Tx again!

No worries. 

It was interesting to watch people playing a game that I never knew existed !

On 10/25/2022 at 9:51 AM, chrysalis said:

Internet has been flawless, but we have not tried anything like streaming 

I am very curious about your Internet service. We are joining the ship on Nov. 6. In Sept. we were on a Princess New England cruise and the Internet was awful. I do a daily blog (on Blogspot) and it would take ONE HOUR to upload one photo. I am resizing my photos for this Med cruise, but even my cell phone photos took way too long.  Thank you.

Janie

tksail

Edited by tksail

11 hours ago, tksail said:

I am very curious about your Internet service. We are joining the ship on Nov. 6. In Sept. we were on a Princess New England cruise and the Internet was awful. I do a daily blog (on Blogspot) and it would take ONE HOUR to upload one photo. I am resizing my photos for this Med cruise, but even my cell phone photos took way too long.  Thank you.

Janie

tksail

It still has been very good.

I have been sending big photos to family members and they have been going out very quickly. I have been resizing photos for cruise critic 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, vikidon said:

Does anyone know if you have to make reservations for the Ocean Terrace? We plan on going a time or two for sushi.

Vickie

Ocean Terrace has been very quiet on sea days.  I do not think you need reservations or even if they take any?

As to the white/gold party, we have not heard any mention of it.  Overall, I think folks have been dressing fairly casual on this segment.

As far as the internet, we have only had issues with streaming in the late afternoon.  I'm sure this has been due to the high amount of passengers using the internet at that time.  

Btw, our laundry has been coming back in 48 hrs.

We are in Mykonos this morning and it is very windy!  I will try posting some photos later.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tml1230 said:

LA Cruiser88 , by chance when using the stick, do utilize a VPN? 

we are immensely enjoying everyones insights and photos! 

I am not using a stick.  I am using a HDMI/USB-C adapter cord from my tablet to the back of the TV.

1 hour ago, tml1230 said:

LA Cruiser88 , by chance when using the stick, do utilize a VPN? 

we are immensely enjoying everyones insights and photos! 

I forgot to mention that the VPN on my tablet is off.  Streaming does not work well when VPN is on.

It turned out to be a very nice day in Mykonos today, albeit a bit windy.  We walked into town (about 20 mins), but took the 2 euro water bus back to the ship.

We enjoyed a local beer and red wine with our huge falafel burgers. 

20221101_104437.jpg

20221101_105944.jpg

20221101_111310.jpg

20221101_123315.jpg

20221101_123531.jpg

20221101_114415.jpg

20221101_114708.jpg

20221101_120804.jpg

20221101_120906.jpg

• Like 7

No reservations at Ocean Terrace as far as I could see in Sept. It's just a small bar with 5 or 6 stools to pull up to it, then there are some small tables around the area. We didn't try it til fairly late in our 21-day Med. cruise, but wished we had tried it sooner! Reasonable prices for sushi and if you get a drink, you get a free appetizer as well (and we had the Plus package, so just ordered drinks on the package and still got the free appetizers to go with the sushi we ordered.)

• Like 2

Another warm and sunny day today in Katakolon.  It had to be close to 80 degrees.

We shared the port today with the Island Princess.  In the photo you can see the butcher job they did to the rear of the ship when they added the extra cabins.

The highlight of our day was the liter of local rose and the fish platter that we shared.  I think we will eat and drink our way to Ft Lauderdale!  😄

20221102_111814.jpg

20221102_112615.jpg

20221102_131843.jpg

20221102_131048.jpg

20221102_111952.jpg

20221102_120046.jpg

20221102_120734.jpg

• Like 3

Here is today's patter.  The two bands onboard are very good, Project 5 and the Sunset Quartet.  They have been alternating between the Piazza and the Vista Lounge.

We have had two dinners in the Crown Grill so far.  The food and service have been outstanding!  We have a Sabatini's reservation for Nov 9th.

20221102_141909.jpg

Edited by LACruiser88
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In addition to sharing the port today with the Island Princess, we also shared the port with a 3rd Princess related ship.....the 1984 launched (and christened by Princess Diana) Royal Princess now sailing for the German line Pheonix Reisen.

• Like 4

The Captain advised us tonight that our port of Corsica on Saturday (Nov 5th) is being canceled due to bad weather.

We will instead be in Genoa as the replacement port.  Personally, we prefer Genoa.  I don't know how or if this will affect our scheduled stop in Corsica on Nov 7th???

8 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

The Captain advised us tonight that our port of Corsica on Saturday (Nov 5th) is being canceled due to bad weather.

We will instead be in Genoa as the replacement port.  Personally, we prefer Genoa.  I don't know how or if this will affect our scheduled stop in Corsica on Nov 7th???

Oh no~ Hopefully it won't be cancelled on the TA in Corsica, that would not be good.

1 hour ago, LACruiser88 said:

We board the Regal on the 6th and per my Info the ship is in Toulon on the 7th and not back in corsica until the 20th

• Like 3