Quantum of the Seas - What is the best Junior Suite

mike60707

Good morning from Chicago !! Confirmed on Quantum next year and looking to upgrade to a JS.  I've watched many videos, read probably way too much, but can anyone recommend what they believe is the "best" JS/category........Some videos show a shower across from the bathtub, some show a 2nd bathroom (1/2 bath) and when calling Royal Caribbean they say these cabins dont exist.....

Thanks in advance for your recommendations .

Hi - I can't speak to Quantum specifically but on Anthem - the one with the separate shower is a "Spa Jr Suite" which is now called J4 (I think -- someone will come along and correct me, I'm sure) and the previously known "Family Jr Suite" is a J3 - that's the one with the 1 and 1/2 bath.   I have sailed in the FJS/J3 when it was called a FJS, and I'm booked to be in a J3 in a few weeks.

I believe these are called the same on Quantum but I'm sure you can pull up a deck plan and get an idea of which are which -- they seem to be "stacked" - ie., Deck 9 cabin #s are the same as Deck 10 etc. for those cabins.

Depending on how many people you are sharing with -- one may be better than the other. 

Sandy

Currently on Quantum and we are in a J3, which is a junior suite for 2 people and was originally called the Spa JS. I booked this because of the split bathroom, particularly because it had a separate walk-in shower with a rain head shower and a little bench. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't say there is a "best" junior suite category on Quantum class. Just some people prefer one over another as they have different preferences, or different numbers of people occupying, and the differences aren't really better, just different.

Unfortunately the naming standard RCL applied with the J1-4 business does make it harder to sort out the differences.

On 10/21/2022 at 4:20 PM, Snoopycollector said:

Hi - I can't speak to Quantum specifically but on Anthem - the one with the separate shower is a "Spa Jr Suite" which is now called J4 (I think -- someone will come along and correct me, I'm sure) and the previously known "Family Jr Suite" is a J3 - that's the one with the 1 and 1/2 bath.   I have sailed in the FJS/J3 when it was called a FJS, and I'm booked to be in a J3 in a few weeks.

I believe these are called the same on Quantum but I'm sure you can pull up a deck plan and get an idea of which are which -- they seem to be "stacked" - ie., Deck 9 cabin #s are the same as Deck 10 etc. for those cabins.

Depending on how many people you are sharing with -- one may be better than the other. 

Sandy

Thank you, its funny, when I call Royal, reservations or Crown & Anchor, they say these cabins don't exist...just a little frustrating.....Love the JS with the tub and she seperate shower.....dont need the one with 1 1/2 bath....going to book a J4 and hope for the best lol , thanks again

We were recently in 9638 on Quantum, a J4 with the split bathroom.  Having a separate water closet with sink is a great idea in that two people can be using the bathroom at the same time.  I liked the walk-in shower as well.  We moved from a JS on Quantum to a GS on Ovation and I prefer the Quantum JS shower.  But there was almost no countertop space in either bathroom.  In the main bathroom, there was literally about 3 inches on either side of the sink.  I'm not sure what the other bathrooms look like, but we didn't really use both bathrooms at the same time, and I probably would have traded that for one larger bathroom with more space.  

The location was great...very close to the elevators.  The way the elevator lobbies are configured on Quantum class, there are two entrances to the bank of elevators.  Our cabin was between the 2 entrances, so people rarely walked by our cabin.  That probably isn't easy to understand the way I described it so hopefully a picture will help

image.png.14a8346d569c39831b3f950655aed852.png

The other complaint that I have with 9638 is the "sofa".  It's a 2 person L shaped thing that they put in the corner.  The idea is good but it's hard as a rock and very uncomfortable to sit on.

@ReneeFLL is currently on Ovation and is staying in a JS that's like 9632 in the picture above.  Not sure what category that is.  She has some good pics in her current live review.  Although it looks smaller in the deck plans, it looks bigger in her pictures...more like the Ovation GS that we had.  

I have to agree -- the 1.5 baths had very little counter space...  but - both had drawers under the sinks that were fairly deep and you could put your whole toiletry bag (or bags) in them.  Definitely NOT the counter space found in other JS bathrooms or even balcony bathrooms.

20170319_130529.jpg

20170319_130539.jpg