Oasis of the Seas vs NCL Joy

On 10/23/2022 at 3:46 PM, aubreyc1988 said:

People who sail on Royal are SO specific about things, blows my mind. 

Example: I made a post somewhere else about about the "CruiseNext program" on Royal Caribbean and people went CRAZY, going "it's called "NEXTCRUISE, not CRUISENEXT"! I am just thinking "But I mean, you knew what I was talking about, right?" I get them confused with NCL's program, which is CruiseNext and Royal's is NextCruise, so sue me 😛

Let's not leave out the Wi-Fi. We're always waiting to pounce on the poster who asks us about ZOOM! 

• Haha 2

NCL is a line we sail for good itineraries. (sailed 9 times)

People complain about some issues, but we are willing overlook them for itinerary, good entertainment and vibe on board.

In some reason we did not enjoy experience in similar to Joy class ship Breakaway (it does not have some things Joy has. Like speed cars etc)

What REALLY I did not like on this type of ship was design. Especially pool deck. At all. Too many people... Also if Oasis has some sort of Solarium with a roof, NCL ships do not have it.

As we are sailing from Northeast this is a big deal for us.

19 hours ago, aubreyc1988 said:

I have definitely called it zoom a few times and have been corrected lol

And someone just posted a question about Zoom on a new thread. Man I wanted to chime in, but I held back!

• Haha 1

I was B2B this past summer on NCL Joy to Bermuda and then Oasis to Bahamas/Perfect Day, both in oceanview balconies, both 7 day cruises. Here are a few observations, YMMV:

1.  Public Spaces: The Joy observation lounge is a great indoor public space.  Oasis does not have something comparable. But the outdoor public spaces on Oasis (in particular Central Park and the Boardwalk) are far better than any public space the Joy has.  The only thing that really compares is the Waterfront space on NCL Joy, which is nice but not nearly as big.

2. Entertainment: Obviously  subjective, I give the nod to Oasis because of the aqua 80 show and ice show, though the NCL Joy production shows (Footloose and the Gift) were better than Cats and the headliners on Oasis.  Oasis just has a lot more to like in this regard.

3.  Food:  The subject that launches a thousand ships. The quality is better on Oasis, the variety is better on the Joy.   If you like Indian food (like I do), it is MUCH better on the Joy in terms of variety and taste. 

4.  Vibe (no, not the beach club on Joy):  Two different cruise destinations, but a comparable number of sea days.  Seemed like more first time cruisers on Oasis than Joy, if that matters to you, which it didn't to me nor did it affect me.  Found the Joy to be a little subdued when it came to the partying, but you can find it if you look for it.  Lots more of that right in front of you on the Oasis.  If you are cruising during the summer, expect lots and lots of families with kids.

5. Check-in:  A crap ton easier at Bayonne.

Feel free to ask any questions.