Live Report B225

walkingdude

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

walkingdude was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

In preparation of our scheduled departure from Southampton tomorrow, I thought I'd set this thread up.

We've all had our "observed" Covid LFT's and all, thankfully, are negative. Fit To Travel Certificates received within 5-10 minutes of completing the video call (good service). We then received an email from P&O advising that, "for a few days initially" (exact duration to be announced on board the ship), all pax will be required to wear masks, except when eating or drinking, exercising in the gym, or when in their cabins. I guess that means that all the crew will also have to wear their masks (so soon after having the mask mandate lifted).

I intend to post at least once a day, with photos when relevant. Will be keeping an eye out for "regular room service", red dots on cabin doors, etc. A daily stroll around the aft sections of each deck will be undertaken. Any patterns or indicators will be fed back through this thread.

Off to Southampton later for an overnight at West Quay, then onward to the Terminal tomorrow.

Next post some time on Friday.

• Like 20

Which 'observed' LFT provider did you use? is it straight forward? we are picking up Brittania in Barbados on 04/11/22 as you get off, so need to book ours for 02/11/22, hope it all goes well and you have a great crossing and a great time!

3 hours ago, Richpatto said:

Which 'observed' LFT provider did you use? is it straight forward? we are picking up Brittania in Barbados on 04/11/22 as you get off, so need to book ours for 02/11/22, hope it all goes well and you have a great crossing and a great time!

We used local pcr and it was really straightforward. Just went, confirmed passport details for the certificate and swabbed your nose. In and out in 10 minutes and certificate about 40 minutes later

(Luckily negative so we cruise tomorrow!!)

18 hours ago, Richpatto said:

We used project screen very straight forward

19 hours ago, Richpatto said:

We used DocHQ (I think it was). Very straightforward and quick. Negative certifications received within 5 minutes 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, walkingdude said:

Not sure if it’s me, but no Cruise Cards being issued in the Terminal when you check in. Apparently, they are “outside your cabin”.

Should be in an envelope in the ' bin", outside the cabin door. Have a great cruise.

6 minutes ago, Sarah1974 said:

What does a red dot on a cabin door mean?

Have a great cruise!

Something we are not permitted to discuss.  If you look at the red bar on the top of this thread,.......all will become clear.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Richpatto said:

Do you have to join the app? I don't intend having my phone! (Will be locked in the safe for emergency use only!) 😃

No, my phone ends up in the safe every cruise. You have to use the work arounds though

20 minutes ago, Richpatto said:

Do you have to join the app? I don't intend having my phone! (Will be locked in the safe for emergency use only!) 😃

It's good to check your onboard account book restaurants and check excursions etc, we use ours regularly