Azamara Meet and Greet

tyler6597

32 minutes ago, tyler6597 said:

Azamara started having the Meet and Greet through Cruise Critic some time ago but I just wanted to remind people that you can register for your Azamara cruise meet and greet.

Tyler

The CC web site says Meet and Mingles are currently paused:

Online Registration has been PAUSED for the following:

You can continue to plan and chat on your roll call threads

Azamara Cruises

Carnival Cruise Lines

MSC Cruises

Silversea Cruise Line

Regent Seven Seas Cruises

Royal Caribbean Cruise Line

Viking Ocean

The following  cruise line(s) have cancelled Meet & Mingle parties on board all their ships: 

Celebrity Connections Meet & Mingle

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/meet-mingle/main/

5 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

Azamara Cruises

Carnival Cruise Lines

MSC Cruises

Silversea Cruise Line

Viking Ocean

The following  cruise line(s) have cancelled Meet & Mingle parties on board all their ships: 

No.  Not paused on Azamara.  You can go directly to the Azamara web site to sign up.  CruiseCritic has paused sign ups from their site.  We had a meet and greet 12/21 and they are ongoing.

• Thanks 2

Another note about meet and greets on Azamara. ……often they have been on the day of embarkation, around 5 pm or 6 pm, depending on time of sailaway.

You have to read the schedule of events carefully to find out  when and where the meet and greet is happening.  There are no longer invitations delivered to your cabin for the meet and greet.  Hopefully that might change in the future,

14 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

Azamara Cruises

Carnival Cruise Lines

MSC Cruises

Silversea Cruise Line

Viking Ocean

We have registered for our next 3 cruises. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lookyboy said:

We have registered for our next 3 cruises. 

We registered for our cruise, many moons ago, but I couldn't find it on the CC site when I wanted to confirm our registering.  But above comments, it's paused on CC and not on the Azamara site.  Good to know.

• Like 1

It is confusing people and may be causing some people not to register because they think the only way is to go through CruiseCritic.  I think it is time that CC do some updating to their process.  Quite a few more cruiselines are allowing meet and greets, so why can’t we sign up on CruiseCritic?

• Like 2

On my last cruise in August  the Cruise Director was under the impression that Azamara no longer held Cruise Critic Meet and Mingles, although when informed that over 30 people had signed up he hastily organised one for that evening, which happen to be a sea day.

With regard to timing I prefer the Meet and Mingle to be held on the first evening of the cruise around 5 - 6 pm.  What do others prefer ?

13 minutes ago, Marmaduke said:

On my last cruise in August  the Cruise Director was under the impression that Azamara no longer held Cruise Critic Meet and Mingles, although when informed that over 30 people had signed up he hastily organised one for that evening, which happen to be a sea day.

With regard to timing I prefer the Meet and Mingle to be held on the first evening of the cruise around 5 - 6 pm.  What do others prefer ?

Yes it needs sorting out and a consistent naming convention used. I’m not a fan of early evening on day 1 particularly with later boarding and sail away times. I would rather have it that time on Day 2.

I missed both events on my recent b2b. First one because I was still tracking down a missing case (it arrived, it was the first of many subsequent indicators of a less than switched on attendant.  Second one due to misinformation at the b2b meeting (the GRM really struggled to get most things right at that!). Both were on Day 1, the trouble with the second cruise was we didn’t sail until day 2 and we were advised it was always on the evening we sailed. 

Edited by uktog

2 hours ago, uktog said:

Yes it needs sorting out and a consistent naming convention used. I’m not a fan of early evening on day 1 particularly with later boarding and sail away times. I would rather have it that time on Day 2.

I missed both events on my recent b2b. First one because I was still tracking down a missing case (it arrived, it was the first of many subsequent indicators of a less than switched on attendant.  Second one due to misinformation at the b2b meeting (the GRM really struggled to get most things right at that!). Both were on Day 1, the trouble with the second cruise was we didn’t sail until day 2 and we were advised it was always on the evening we sailed. 

I agree. Having the event on day 1 at sail away is not a great time. And perhaps @Host Jazzbeaucould find out why CC has “paused” the Meet & Mingle registrations. Very confusing. The get togethers are a wonderful way to to meet others on your roll calls, some of which are very large and active, and after all, are  part of CC!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 1985rz1 said:

Azamara Cruises

Carnival Cruise Lines

MSC Cruises

Silversea Cruise Line

Viking Ocean

No they are not paused. I was on the Quest back in July and august and we had a meet and mingle. I registered for our journey cruise next may and I have a confirmation letter from azamara that was emailed to me. Don't believe everything you read. Cruise Critic doesn't keep everything up to date.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tyler6597 said:

No they are not paused. I was on the Quest back in July and august and we had a meet and mingle. I registered for our journey cruise next may and I have a confirmation letter from azamara that was emailed to me. Don't believe everything you read. Cruise Critic doesn't keep everything up to date.

I think you may have missed the clarification of the apparent discrepancy.  CC has paused registration for them on its site, but Azamara is still organizing them on its site. 

On 10/21/2022 at 12:05 PM, 1985rz1 said:

I think you may have missed the clarification of the apparent discrepancy.  CC has paused registration for them on its site, but Azamara is still organizing them on its site. 

i did say that CC needs to update their meet and Mingle status.

8 hours ago, luv2travel90266 said:

Was on the pursuit in august and started the roll call. No one showed up for the meet and greet. Easily missed as it was on the schedule but no invitations to bring to everyone's attention. 

Had there lies the problem. We get an e-mail confirmation of our registration, but that is often many months before the cruise and at that time we don’t know the day or time of the party. I’m the excitement of embarkation, the first daily planner may be overlooked. It would be SO helpful if there was an invitation in the room.

• Like 3

I organized the M&M for the Oct. 6 Journey cruise, and made to sure to keep reminding people about it in the Roll Call.  We had a great turnout, even though it was 5:30 on embarkation day (which was an overnight in Ravenna).  Azamara provided canapés and free bubbly.  Yes, invitations would have been even nicer, but this worked very well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I organized the M&M for the Oct. 6 Journey cruise, and made to sure to keep reminding people about it in the Roll Call.  We had a great turnout, even though it was 5:30 on embarkation day (which was an overnight in Ravenna).  Azamara provided canapés and free bubbly.  Yes, invitations would have been even nicer, but this worked very well.

Unfortunately I only discovered that is was on Oct 6 after the event as the ship was saying it was on departure day not embarkation day.  Its really not clear how it happens and it needs much better organisation

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I did the same last Dec on Quest and we had a great turnout, also.  We had no canapés but drinks were offered.  Invitations might help In The cabin but I think the timing of the meet and greet would be better on the first full day aboard, not on the afternoon, early evening of embarkation.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Thank you Jazzbeau for organizing it. It was so nice meeting you and Jazzbelle. Enjoyed the French Chef’s dinner together as well.

The cruise critic meet and greet was posted in the daily program “The Insider”, that’s how we found it.

• Like 1

I started the roll calls for two cruises we were on in August and September. We were also on the cruise prior to those. While on the first cruise, I asked the Hotel Director when the Meet & Mingle would be for the following cruise. He said he’d have someone get back to me. A few days later, I had a note from the Assistant CD saying it would be at 4 p.m. on Embarkation Day so I posted to the roll call (with a reminder to check “The Insider” as soon as they boarded in case of changes). It turned out to be at 6 p.m. I was working with the Concierge on something for the following cruise, and she said it was scheduled at 6 p.m.- Insider had that one listed  at 4 p.m.  There weren’t any servers with drinks so that time took everyone by surprise! Someone found the Hotel Director and that was quickly remedied. I’m going to start taking blank name tags with me since they aren’t provided anymore!

34 minutes ago, wjfan417 said:

I started the roll calls for two cruises we were on in August and September. We were also on the cruise prior to those. While on the first cruise, I asked the Hotel Director when the Meet & Mingle would be for the following cruise. He said he’d have someone get back to me. A few days later, I had a note from the Assistant CD saying it would be at 4 p.m. on Embarkation Day so I posted to the roll call (with a reminder to check “The Insider” as soon as they boarded in case of changes). It turned out to be at 6 p.m. I was working with the Concierge on something for the following cruise, and she said it was scheduled at 6 p.m.- Insider had that one listed  at 4 p.m.  There weren’t any servers with drinks so that time took everyone by surprise! Someone found the Hotel Director and that was quickly remedied. I’m going to start taking blank name tags with me since they aren’t provided anymore!

Sounds like a lot of confusion!  It’s too bad! 

I think it seems like 6 pm on embarkation day is the standard time for these meet and greets.  So everyone should look for that in the Insider program on the day of embarkation until something changes! 

8 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

Sounds like a lot of confusion!  It’s too bad! 

I think it seems like 6 pm on embarkation day is the standard time for these meet and greets.  So everyone should look for that in the Insider program on the day of embarkation until something changes! 

There is no standard.  Someone on the cruise before ours was told that our M&M would be at 5 pm; it was actually at 5:30.

16 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

There is no standard.  Someone on the cruise before ours was told that our M&M would be at 5 pm; it was actually at 5:30.

All I know is I have been following reports here and it seemed like the standard, generally, has been 6 pm on embarkation day.  People have been told a lot of things, yes. That’s part of the problem.  But it seemed anecdotally, that it has been 6 pm.  It has also been my experience personally.

My intent is just to make others aware that the event is usually held after embarkation early evening,

Edited by takemewithyou
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

@Host Jazzbeau, is there a way that CruiseCritic can allow Azamara cruisers to sign up for the meet and mingle on this site?  

There isn't a way for me to make that happen.  I have already requested it, as you have.  I think it is part of a larger issue, as Cruise Critic is not treating Azamara any differently than other cruise lines.

• Thanks 1