Hotel recommendations for San Francisco that do NOT smell like weed

Incognito1

Trying to find a hotel near the Princess port that enforces their non-smoking rules.  Seems like everything I read on TA mentions the Welfare Weed and/or feces or homeless.  Would like to stay under $200/night.  Recommendations would be appreciated.

12 hours ago, Incognito1 said:

Would like to stay under $200/night.  Recommendations would be appreciated.

Your budget is at odds with your requirements in SF. The St Regis, Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton all vigorously enforce their non smoking policies...for $700/800 a night. You could even find a solid 4 star hotel in the $300-400 range right in downtown or near the port-- the Fairmont (short Uber) and Argonaut are favorites. But for under $200 you aren't going to have many good options. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We live in Northern California but sometimes spend the night in the City before a cruise or after a show/opera.  We like to stay in the Financial District--on the weekends, you can sometimes find pretty good deals since most hotels in that area cater to business folks.  We then walk along the Embarcadero to the pier or take a quick Uber ride.  Under $200 is still a challenge though....

And, I have not been in a major city these past few years that didn't have homelessness and drug usage issues--Seattle, Vancouver, San Diego, Boston, New York, Miami.  Outside of the hotel "bubble,' you will see social issues even outside the nicest hotels in SF.

Also, I've never stayed in a hotel that didn't enforce a nonsmoking policy.  You won't find any restaurants, bars or hotels where guests can smoke in SF.  I know people who live in the City will correct me, but I do believe you cannot even stand on a corner and smoke in SF.  You smell it when out and about but where don't you?

Edited by disneyochem

Under $200, won't happen in the City.  If you stay at a nice hotel then the smell of weed shouldn't be an issue.  Most people in the nicer places vape anyway.  However, your price range for the most part might not get you what/where you want.  Years ago I could get rooms for under $300 on the weekend at St Francis.  Also, gotten rooms at Hilton Union Square and Financial District for around $300 on the weekend.  Those rooms are double that during the week due to business travelers.  Hopefully, you won't need parking.  Around $200 you might want to look out by the airport or across the bridge in Oakland.  Homeless are everywhere as are the feces.  That's why we stopped going to the City even before COVID.  It's a shame as we use to go 2-3 times a year for a long weekend.    

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, SFtraveller said:

The Chancellor at Union Square. Don't know about the smell though. $91 in the last week of November.

I recently stayed at the Chancellor while in town for a play.  Little funky due to its age (room layouts, small lobby, etc) but liked it enough that I would book it again.  Very friendly  staff and a great location.

If you stay there, you can Uber or taxi to the port.  

• Like 1