Contacting American Cruise Lines

RLynas1

I have unable to contact American Cruise Lines senior management when we missed our cruise because cruise because (1) the flight arranged by ACL Travel cancelled (Alaska Airlines) 12 hours before flight time, and (2) there was no other way to get to the cruise on time. I canceled the cruise per the instructions, but ACL was having problems with their email servers, and there is no 24/7 hotline with a live person. I've requested my money back (approx $13,000) numerous times - to differing levels of management but no one at ACL will even give me the courtesy of a reply - email, or voice, or snail mail. How rude! I have contacted all levels of management, and even sent a letter to Charles Robertson, the CEO with a signed receipt confirming delivery. Through ACL travel I paid money to Alaska Airlines to upgrade our seats/cabin and had a fully refundable ticket. Alaska Airlines refunded the ticket to ACL but ACL hasn't refunded the money to me. Again, no communications with me. I would have thought I would at least get that money back. Customer service (unless you're booking) is non-existent, and the entire back-office staff seem intent on not replying - even as a courtesy. To me the true character of a company's culture his how they respond when something goes wrong. ACL's character is woefully lacking.

I have no clue about ACL not having cruised with that line.  But in your situation, we would immediately call our credit card company (the one you used to charge the cruise), texplain the situation, and ask to have the cruise payments put into "dispute."  Tell your credit card company that continue to make a best effort to resolve the situation with the cruise line but need to file the dispute in order to be on record and to stop the clock (there are time limits to when you can file disputes).

Hank

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to Contacting American Cruise Lines