VFIP Questions

carnivaljunkie

I have not sailed Carnival since 2015.  I have been looking at the Mardi Gras in January 2023.  During my research I found that I am considered Blue level for VFIP.  No cruises are shown.  I have 22 cruises totaling 166 days for past Carnival cruises.  I have the following questions:

Did the program change since my last sailing and drop my past VFIP status for inactivity?

If add the past cruises into the system will I be Platinum?  I had the ten Cruises needed for the top tier under the old past guest system and was given top tier in VFIP when the program changed.

Is there a VFIP number to call to to resolve this without inputing the information for all 22 cruises for both my wife and I?

Thanks ,

Dean

Same thing happened to me. I ended up having 2 accounts under the same name associated with 2 different emails. Try using a different email and password to see if you can get into the other account. So to answer your questions no the program hasn’t changed, you shouldn’t be dropped because of inactivity, and yes you should have the same VIFP level you had before. Just find that other account and you should be good to go without having to add all of those cruises into your account.  Good luck. 

Hi All,

Thanks for the answers.  I called Carnival and got all past cruises listed.  I did have two VIFP numbers.

My original questions asked the wrong question on level.  Should my top tier (ten or more cruises) on the original past guest program entitle me to Diamond level under the VIFP Program?  It has been so long since the change that I cannot find the original announcement.

Dean

28 minutes ago, carnivaljunkie said:

Hi All,

Thanks for the answers.  I called Carnival and got all past cruises listed.  I did have two VIFP numbers.

My original questions asked the wrong question on level.  Should my top tier (ten or more cruises) on the original past guest program entitle me to Diamond level under the VIFP Program?  It has been so long since the change that I cannot find the original announcement.

Dean

Unless you were already Diamond under the old rules, you are Platinum level. It takes 200 days to be Diamond.

Edited by staceyglow

2 hours ago, cruisemom2 said:

It was 10 cruises to become Platinum when we hit it in 2010.  It's now based on the number of days, not the number of cruises but we were grandfathered in at Platinum when they changed the requirement.

This was true for me.  I was platinum in 2009 with ten cruises, 61 days.  I didn’t cruise Carnival for a few years, and though my tier was still platinum, they automatically welcomed me to platinum when I got to 75 days.  At 144 now, doubt I will make it to Diamond but I’m just happy with the free laundry.  EM

On 10/24/2022 at 10:45 AM, carnivaljunkie said:

Should my top tier (ten or more cruises) on the original past guest program entitle me to Diamond level under the VIFP Program?  It has been so long since the change that I cannot find the original announcement.

Dean

The original past guest program did not have a Diamond level, but yes was 10 cruises to platinum.  When VIFP was rolled out, while it became 75 days to platinum, existing platinum cruisers were grandfathered.  But the new Diamond level was set at 200 days at its introduction.