Regal Princess Questions

Lovincruisin1321

Mini Suite Balcony

I booked  a mini suite.  When viewing on youtube the balcony looks really small.

Anyone can give me feedback on your experience?

Guaranteed Mini Suite

I am booked on Deck 16 "Guaranteed"

Any Good/Bad experience with this?  A little nervous not knowing what cabin I am assigned

Yes,  I love the REGAL!  But, the standard balconies are very small/shallow.

I would look at all mini suites available, and then select a cabin.

There are a few with larger, angled, balconies.  Look mid-ship along the bump-out.

Also, on that higher deck, notice that the mid-ship cabins there are right under the sea-walk, and could pose an issue with privacy, and/or the big overhang.   A Guarantee minisuite could get you assigned to one of those.

Look at Caribe, deck 10 C409 thru C429

These mini's on Baha deck are Club Class, and have a higher fare for those perks.

Look at Aloha A410 thru A415

Same for Riviera, Deck 14.  But that is getting up closer to the SeaWalk.

This might not be much, but know that there are lights there on the bottom underside of the SeaWalk, that you will notice.

As an option, in case you might be interested, You could also look at Deluxe Balcony cabins.  

There are some of these that are mid-ship as well.

And there are Premium Deluxe balconies that are Aft Facing, and on some decks these have a very large balcony.  All balconies on Aft Facing cabins are not created equal.

Edited by Wishing on a star

If I am correct, on September 17th...   I see that there are good Minis available.

I would choose C410 on deck 10 Caribe. As the angle faces forward.   This is on Port side.

Or. A409 on Aloha deck 12. on the Starboard side, if that is preferable on the ships route.

R410 on Riviera is the same cabin as on Caribe, but is getting up there under the SeaWalk.

22 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

There are a few with larger, angled, balconies.  Look mid-ship along the bump-out.

Also, on that higher deck, notice that the mid-ship cabins there are right under the sea-walk, and could pose an issue with privacy, and/or the big overhang.   A Guarantee minisuite could get you assigned to one of those.

These mini's on Baha deck are Club Class, and have a higher fare for those perks.

This might not be much, but know that there are lights there on the bottom underside of the SeaWalk, that you will notice.

As an option, in case you might be interested, You could also look at Deluxe Balcony cabins.  

And there are Premium Deluxe balconies that are Aft Facing, and on some decks these have a very large balcony.  All balconies on Aft Facing cabins are not created equal.

Thank you.  I'll check again w a representative.  I think all mini suites are guaranteed.

On 10/22/2022 at 8:22 PM, Wishing on a star said:

I just called.  All Balcony Cabins Sold Out

Standard actual exterior balcony size are the same  on Balcony, Deluxe Balcony, and Minisuite categories.

Balconies are the same no matter which category or size of interior.

Do not confuse Standard balcony size, with the size or general use of the term 'balcony' for regular (not deluxe) balcony cabins.   

Larger actual exterior balcony size, as mentioned, are very very limited on Regal.

- The mid-ship bump-out cabins...  (all of those above categories)

- The AFT cabins...  larger on some decks than others.  (category Premium Deluxe Balcony)

- And there are a couple of cabins on Deck 8 Emerald deck, Forward, that have an extended area.  I believe that these are Deluxe balcony interiors, with the little seating... but the regular balcony has an extension.

Good luck with your cabin!!!!

On 10/22/2022 at 8:22 PM, Wishing on a star said:

Since we had a Mini-Suite under the Sea View Bar, we went up top one day to walk across the sea walk on the starboard side to see if it really was possible to lose any privacy due to people spying down below.  Honestly, one would have to try really, really hard and strain their neck to see anything beyond the first 8 inches of your balcony while walking on the sea walk.  In reality, few people use that feature, and those that do are transfixed on the water below.  One would have to purposefully try to look into a balcony and even then you really see nothing.  And as for looking into a cabin itself, that is simply impossible.  Here is what the view looks like to a person walking in the sea walk.  

• Like 1

On 10/22/2022 at 5:03 PM, Lovincruisin1321 said:

Mini Suite Balcony

I booked  a mini suite.  When viewing on youtube the balcony looks really small.

Anyone can give me feedback on your experience?

Guaranteed Mini Suite

I am booked on Deck 16 "Guaranteed"

Any Good/Bad experience with this?  A little nervous not knowing what cabin I am assigned

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2022 at 6:32 PM, cancruiseforever said:

We're on the same deck in a mini suite. We booked late and the balconies are small but it's fine for the two of us. My only conern is a forward facing balcony cannot be used unless in port. We are in L218. I like being up high , swaying doesn't bother us at all

What do you mean that "a forward facing balcony cannot be used unless in port"?

Check deck plans.   It really helps to go over the deck plans.  That video shown is one of the mid-ship bump-out cabins that does have a larger balcony.  These are the ones to look for if you want a bigger balcony.   But, for me, I wouldn't want to be up there right under that Sea Walk.  Standard balconies on the Royal and Regal are very small.   The newer ships do have some larger balconies. If you look at the very front of the ship, on some decks, there are balconies that do face forward, not Port or Starboard, or Aft.  And while the ship is underway these balconies can not be used.  And after dark, the drapes must be closed so that the lights being on do not affect the Bridge.  

On 10/29/2022 at 6:32 PM, cancruiseforever said:

My only conern is a forward facing balcony cannot be used unless in port. 

Various people have posted in other threads that this is not the case.  This "fact" has been floating around CC for a couple years now.  I cannot speak from experience but whenever the topic has come up invariably someone posts to dispute this notion.  Some have said that you can't open the drapes at night because it affects the bridge personnel.  Others say what was said above...you can't go out on the balcony except in port.

I'm only passing along what's been posted previously...but it really doesn't make a lot of sense that you cannot fully utilize a balcony that you have paid for...

One *possible* exception...for any ships that might have a helipad on the front (don't know for sure if this actually applies to Princess ships or not), I personally have heard that they ask everyone to stay inside during the emergency airlift...but I may very well be thinking of a different cruise line here!