Prenetics Observed Tests

Mad4WDW

Best to check any Lloyds Pharmacy test bookings as well.  We had booked tests with a local Lloyds on line for our Aurora cruise in November and this thread made us feel a little wary, so we rang to check all was well.

Although we had booked and received email confirmation of the bookings at the end of September, the store we had the booking for, told us that they do not have any record of our booking!!  They have now made a note of our booking, but we will be checking again a couple of days before the tests are due.  Another Lloyds had told us previously that the tests need booked a little while in advance or they would not have the tests in stock, so could not just fit us in if the tests are not in the shop.  

I do not think it is just Caribbean cruises that need the observed tests as they were also needed for the Canada cruises, so may be for all longer cruises - I would be checking for sectors of any world cruise.

6 hours ago, Fionboard said:

Have done tests on smartphone (randox and prenetics) before but not "observed" ones. How does this work? 

As far as I can tell, you go on a zoom call (prenetics/Azova have sent me a link) and they watch you stick the cotton bud up your nose and do the test. You show them the line at C and hopefully not at T and they send you a certificate. Thats the theory🤞

Simon

39 minutes ago, sddsddean said:

As far as I can tell, you go on a zoom call (prenetics/Azova have sent me a link) and they watch you stick the cotton bud up your nose and do the test. You show them the line at C and hopefully not at T and they send you a certificate. Thats the theory🤞

Simon

Exactly that Simon. There used to be a quick video on the Prenetics website to show through the entire process, but it is still described well in the FAW at the bottom of this: https://www.projectscreen.co.uk/fit-to-fly/teleheath-lateral-flow-antigen-test/

I also found this quick YouTube video which shows the contents of the test and what you're expected to do: 

We did this in the summer as a family of four and it was really straightforward.