Turning up late, and spending a night ashore.

flygod

Hi all,

Booked on the 18-night Tahiti starting 31st August 2023.

Had reservation on Air Tahiti Nui from Tokyo to PPT and also from Auckland to PPT - great thing these airline miles!

Schedules have now changed, so TYO flight arrives in PPT at 09:30 on the 1st. Will Windstar be OK if we just take the ferry over to Moorea and join for lunch? There's only one flight a week, takes almost 11 hours and arrives 8 hours before it leaves, thanks to the international dateline!

Otherwise, I have the AKL-PPT a couple of days earlier. Will probably go for that but will keep both until a month or so out because who knows what flight changes are still to come!

Second one is: I have a free night at any worldwide IHG hotel, including the IC Bora Bora Thalasso Spa overwater bungalows which sell at $1500 a night. Would never pay that! But would love to experience it just once. Windstar OK if we spend one of the overnights in Bora Bora "off ship"? 

Thanks everyone.

46 minutes ago, flygod said:

Hi all,

Booked on the 18-night Tahiti starting 31st August 2023.

Had reservation on Air Tahiti Nui from Tokyo to PPT and also from Auckland to PPT - great thing these airline miles!

Schedules have now changed, so TYO flight arrives in PPT at 09:30 on the 1st. Will Windstar be OK if we just take the ferry over to Moorea and join for lunch? There's only one flight a week, takes almost 11 hours and arrives 8 hours before it leaves, thanks to the international dateline!

Otherwise, I have the AKL-PPT a couple of days earlier. Will probably go for that but will keep both until a month or so out because who knows what flight changes are still to come!

Second one is: I have a free night at any worldwide IHG hotel, including the IC Bora Bora Thalasso Spa overwater bungalows which sell at $1500 a night. Would never pay that! But would love to experience it just once. Windstar OK if we spend one of the overnights in Bora Bora "off ship"? 

Thanks everyone.

All of this info is precovid...

Back in the day WS was fairly open to considering such things.  We had a bunch of people who got off in Moorea rather than taking the last leg, but that was off early not on late.  I've seen people who had transit problems catch the ship a day late, but that was with a schedule problem.  You can always ask, and they can only say "no" We got off in Mubai rather than going on the Dubai, it took a special request, and there was no guarantee it would be allowed. One question might be is there immigration in Moorea, I don't know, but I think you clear in PPT.

On our itit, several couples spend the night in Bora Bora offship, and I think the ship even offered such a plan. I don't know if they still do,