Peloton on Summit

natefish95

Hi everyone! I'm going on the Summit in January and I'm a big Peloton rider.

Do they have the pedals that are strictly cages or do they have the clips on the other side as well?

Is it a regular bike or a bike+?

What is the process for reserving them if that's even necessary? 

On 10/24/2022 at 7:55 PM, natefish95 said:

Hi everyone! I'm going on the Summit in January and I'm a big Peloton rider.

Do they have the pedals that are strictly cages or do they have the clips on the other side as well?

Is it a regular bike or a bike+?

What is the process for reserving them if that's even necessary? 

We were on the Summit September 2022. The gym has four Peloton bikes (not the bike +) for general use. No reservations or class required to use them. They had the cage style pedals. There are also other Peloton bikes but they were in a separate area of the gym and only for the reserved classes. Not sure of the pedal configuration on those or what model Peloton bike. 

Edited by davekathy

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

We were on the Summit September 2022. The gym has four Peloton bikes (not the bike +) for general use. No reservations or class required to use them. They had the cage style pedals. There are also other Peloton bikes but they were in a separate area of the gym and only for the reserved classes. Not sure of the pedal configuration on those or what model Peloton bike. 

What is the extra charge to use a Peloton?  I thought I had read somewhere that there is an upcharge.

Thanks

54 minutes ago, NJRonbo said:

What is the extra charge to use a Peloton?  I thought I had read somewhere that there is an upcharge.

Thanks

Only the four Peloton bikes I mentioned in my previous post that are in the same area as all the other exercise equipment, there was no charge to use them. First I've seen this with Peloton bikes and not sure if it's fleetwide.  

• Like 1

Just now, davekathy said:

Only the four Peloton bikes I mentioned in my previous post that are in the same area as all the other exercise equipment, there was no charge to use them. First I've seen this with Peloton bikes and not sure if it's fleetwide.  

Oh, that's great to hear that Peloton bikes are free to use.  Will be on the Summit next June.

32 minutes ago, NJRonbo said:

Oh, that's great to hear that Peloton bikes are free to use.  Will be on the Summit next June.

When you walk in the gym turn left, head straight to the front where the treadmills are. To the left the four Peloton bikes I mentioned will be located there. Also one rowing machine. BTW, the gym was never locked. When the weather was I bad (September cruise) I was always in the gym before 6:00AM. In case you're interested, there is a change room with two showers, lockers (combo locks), couple of sinks, toilets, a dry sauna and plenty of towels.  In order to get to the change room turn left at the Spa sign. To get to the gym, turn right at the Spa sign. 

37 minutes ago, davekathy said:

When you walk in the gym turn left, head straight to the front where the treadmills are. To the left the four Peloton bikes I mentioned will be located there. Also one rowing machine. BTW, the gym was never locked. When the weather was I bad (September cruise) I was always in the gym before 6:00AM. In case you're interested, there is a change room with two showers, lockers (combo locks), couple of sinks, toilets, a dry sauna and plenty of towels.  In order to get to the change room turn left at the Spa sign. To get to the gym, turn right at the Spa sign. 

I just copied this verbatim to my cruise notes.  Thank you so very much!

10 minutes ago, NJRonbo said:

I just copied this verbatim to my cruise notes.  Thank you so very much!

You can also enter the men's change room from the Solarium. There's a door to the left (men's only) or the double glass doors to the right. That will get you to the women's or the men's change room (on the left) or straight to the spa and gym. Also each locker in the change room has bathrobes. I don't use the bathrobes.  

Edited by davekathy

11 hours ago, davekathy said:

Thank you so much! I'll bring my shoes just in case! 

On 10/24/2022 at 9:55 PM, natefish95 said:

All Peloton consumer bikes come with Look Delta pedals installed, compatible only with 3-bolt Look Delta Cleats or reversed to old school rat-trap cages.

That doesn't mean X Peletons are configured with Look pedals/cleats.

Shimpano MTB cleats are more commonly used on other brand exercise spin bikes used in fitness centers and Shimano pedals are only compatible with Shimano cleats.

If anyone knows with certainty what cleats work on X Peletons, that would be very helpful to me.

Edited by Kilroyshere

15 minutes ago, l1lgreekprincess said:

The Pelotons on Summit have the cages on one side and SPD clips on the other. They are commercial bikes so they do not have delta clips like normal Peloton bikes. When I was on the Summit in July (and equinox in November) you DO need to reserve them at the spa reservation desk. 

We were on the Summit September 2022. The gym has four Peloton bikes for general use. No reservations or class required to use them. I used them everyday. There are also other Peloton bikes but they were in a separate area of the gym and were only for the reserved classes. 

Edited by davekathy

38 minutes ago, l1lgreekprincess said:

The Pelotons on Summit have the cages on one side and SPD clips on the other. They are commercial bikes so they do not have delta clips like normal Peloton bikes. When I was on the Summit in July (and equinox in November) you DO need to reserve them at the spa reservation desk. 

Cages mean regular shoes yes?

29 minutes ago, davekathy said:

We were on the Summit September 2022. The gym has four Peloton bikes for general use. No reservations or class required to use them. I used them everyday. There are also other Peloton bikes but they were in a separate area of the gym and were only for the reserved classes. 

Interesting. In July they had slipcovers on the screens saying you must reserve them at the spa desk. I also rode them everyday. 

Zitsky- yes you wear regular sneakers in the cages. 

3 minutes ago, l1lgreekprincess said:

Interesting. In July they had slipcovers on the screens saying you must reserve them at the spa desk. I also rode them everyday. 

Zitsky- yes you wear regular sneakers in the cages. 

No covers over the screens. I never logged in. 

I don’t know anything about the Peletons but I have a fitness center question.  We haven’t cruised on Summit since Covid, but did several times before.  Have there been many changes with the equipment (machines).  Can you still work out on your own? Or do you have to take a class or use one of their personal trainers?  Sorry for hijacking this thread.

Edited by HardyVA

27 minutes ago, HardyVA said:

I don’t know anything about the Peletons but I have a fitness center question.  We haven’t cruised on Summit since Covid, but did several times before.  Have there been many changes with the equipment (machines).  Can you still work out on your own? Or do you have to take a class or use one of their personal trainers?  Sorry for hijacking this thread.

Nothing has changed from before. You can still workout on your own. Fleetwide. 

On 10/27/2022 at 8:58 PM, l1lgreekprincess said:

If you are interested in using your Peloton shoes on public bikes (hotels/cruise lines), you’ll need to remove your delta cleats and purchase Delta/SPD cleat adapters.  Basically they’re SPD cleats that have been modified with a three screw design for use on delta cleat shoes. Check Google or amazon for options. I’d also recommend bringing your own headphones… the gym loaner ones are awful. All bike speakers have been disabled so none of the more sensitive gymgoers are offended by Cody screaming “get up and shake your ti**ies” in the middle of a ride. 

Also, there was a sign on the Summit in August about reserving bikes at the spa desk, but no one ever did. It was first come first serve, and usually no wait. 

16 hours ago, AstoriaPreppy said:

If you are interested in using your Peloton shoes on public bikes (hotels/cruise lines), you’ll need to remove your delta cleats and purchase Delta/SPD cleat adapters.  Basically they’re SPD cleats that have been modified with a three screw design for use on delta cleat shoes. Check Google or amazon for options. I’d also recommend bringing your own headphones… the gym loaner ones are awful. All bike speakers have been disabled so none of the more sensitive gymgoers are offended by Cody screaming “get up and shake your ti**ies” in the middle of a ride. 

Also, there was a sign on the Summit in August about reserving bikes at the spa desk, but no one ever did. It was first come first serve, and usually no wait. 

No signs requesting you reserve the four Peloton bikes in the general gym area on our September cruise. There were other Peloton bikes in a separate room in the gym for different classes that had Peloton bikes in it. Those bikes were obviously set aside for scheduled class.

23 hours ago, AstoriaPreppy said:

"You did not survive a pandemic to fake an or****" I can feel the Zeniths clutching their pearls now. 

• Like 1