TV Stations on Oasis

fwman

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

LOL

SO, it is not a listing from Oasis as many have asked you and it is a generic, likely old listing that you found.  I stand by what I said before, it does not match the channels or channel numbers that we had recently on Oasis.  Guide was on 1, ship view was on 3.  The two that were prime tv and prime movie or similar names were on 14 and 15.  I watched way too much tv as I was on isolation in my cabin.

I never said it was. It is TV listings Royal shows. Nothing more. It does say available fleet wide. That tells me ALL ships.

• 1 year later...

Wonder of the Seas:

1. Royal Entertainment 

2. Cruise Compass

3. On the Map

4. Peek a BooTV

5. Junior Cruisers

6. Teens Stream

7. Health Saftey, etc

8. BBC News

9. MSNBC

10. Fox News

11.NextCruise

12. Shore Excursions 

13. Shopping Ashore

14. Daily Deals

15. Prime One

16. Prime Favorites 

17. National Geographic 

18. BBC HD

20. Red Bull TV

21.ESPN

22.ESPN 2

23. ESPN U

24. ESPN SEC

25. Sport24

26. Sky Sports News

27. TVE International 

28.  Sky News

29. Special Events Coverage

30. Music Videos

Good as of today, August 16, 2024.  Hope this helps!

If you want any chance of watching something you are actually interested in, bring a Firestick or a Roku. It doesn't matter the ship, the TV selection is crap.

• Like 2

On 8/16/2024 at 9:31 PM, RobInMN said:

If you want any chance of watching something you are actually interested in, bring a Firestick or a Roku. It doesn't matter the ship, the TV selection is crap.

How do you use this on the ship, please?

17 minutes ago, Domiknow said:

How do you use this on the ship, please?

Plug the device into a free HDMI port, then switch the TV Source to that port.

To do this, on some of the older ships, you may find cursor keys on the back bottom.

On the newest ships, apparently there is now a TV channel for selecting an HDMI Source (I have not seen this yet personally).

On most ships, you'll need either a Samsung or a universal remote to change the source. We travel with a universal remote since not all hotels use Samsung, and the river cruises we've done use LGs.

On the newer ships with the interactive software, if there is no channel option, and what we did was to unplug the network cable and power cycle the TV. This prevents it from launching the custom menu software which locks out the source button.

Then you'll need to connect to the ship's WiFi. You can do this by using a browser app, and doing everything on screen with your device remote. You'll have to do this every time, it's it a pain. We have Samsung phones, which means that we can WiFi hotspot a WiFi connection. We pre-configure the firestick to connect the Phone hotspot, and just turn the hotspot on. On our phones, you can't turn on the hotspot if airplane mode is on. So turn off airplane mode, turn on the hotspot, then on the newer phone software, you can turn airplane mode back on, on my older phone you can't, so I turn off mobile data just in case. We find this much easier than trying to switch the WiFi back & forth between the Firestick and a phone using the browser.

If you have an iPhone, you do not have this option. Some people have brought mini travel routers for the same purpose. 

We only plug the Firestick in when we are in the room. And we travel with a 10' HMDI cable just in case their isn't an accessible plug nearby (not so much an issue in most RCI cabins).

There are a few cabins where the TVs are mounted in the wall, and the HDMI ports are not so accessible.

I highly recommend using a VPN so that you have access to what you expect. The internet will not always home country back to the US, it will pick one of the main Starlink downlink countries (or whatever the correct term is).

Some services like YoutubeTV use the device's GPS to override the VPN. If your device has a GPS and you try to turn that off or deny access, it won't launch. Luckily, Firesticks don't have GPS's (I image neither do Rokus), so the VPN works. I had some issues early on with it consistently working until I turned on the VPN on both the Firestick as well as the phone it was connected to. So now I'm paranoid and continue to do so.

• Thanks 1