Need Dining advice and advice on current evening music entertainment on Majestic Princess please

korky1

Sailing on Majestic 1st time on 8th December.  We are happy to dine in main dining room every night.  Is there more than one MDR on this ship?  If so, do you recommend any particular one?  

We can prebook dining options via the app now but is it ok to wait and just book each day once on board?

Also, besides the buffet which we do not like to eat in at night, is there any other free option? 

My husband and I love to listen to live music after dinner.  Can you give us any advice on the current options on board?  A wee bit concerned as we have read that the ship mostly closes down really early as we like to kick on until midnight most nights,  only because we are on holiday and enjoy relaxing, having a few drinks on our drinks package and listening to the music. 

Any other tips you can give us about enjoying Majestic Princess will be very much appreciated. 

Thanks heaps.

all of the MDRs will serve the same menu each night, the only difference is location. You can reserve a time before sailing (we do because it is important to have the same servers each night because of food allergies) or you can wait OR you can go ahead & reserve now & change when you get onboard or cancel for one or several nights. some people like just deciding day to day when or where they want to eat. They also have a very nice pizza place, Alfredos which should be open for dinner also the grill on the pool deck (which maybe isn't what you would want for dinner). You can also do room service or the international cafe is open 24/7 if you want sandwiches & desserts. We always have been content with the menu's & variety in the MDRs & never went to any of the specialty dining places until they wee included as a perk from our TA, they are nice, but we would not pay extra for them (many people would disagree, that's the great thing about cruising, you get to do it the way that works for you).

There is also tea in the afternoon which can be fun. 

The ship should have things going pretty late, I don't know what you mean by really early, but I would expect a 9PM show in the theater & probably in another venue...when we were on in Jan/Feb the DJ was doing stuff late & some other music. We were only 30% full so many things were scaled back but should be going with everything by now.

I would agree with the encouragement to check out @harryfat1 AKA Cheepo Dad's trip report, he covers so much & has great photos of their cruise. 

2 hours ago, Muffinz said:

We are on Majestic Princess in Feb 2023 and I've been told (by other posters) that the nightly shows are 19:30 and 21:30 each day someone also said that dinner in the MDR takes about 90 minutes?

14 hours ago, Muffinz said:

Yes - if you're on the Feb 24th Cruise from Sydney to Port Douglas by all means🍺

14 hours ago, Muffinz said:

Yes - if you're on the Feb 24th Cruise from Sydney to Port Douglas by all means🍺

• 3 weeks later...

G'day cruisers!
My wife and I are sailing the next Sydney -NZ-Sydney cruise later in November.

Not enamored in the number of Covid cases on the ship. but can  you do?
Two weeks from the cruise, I probably would not cancel even if we could so I guess we'll have to be extra careful. We're both on the wrong side of 75 and my wife is immuno-compromised. She has had 2 vaccines and 3 boosters while I had 4 shots in total but the last one was in May so am not sure how strong our  Corona resistance is. We are still Novids or Covid virgins so our luck is bound to run out sooner or later.
SO, getting prepared to stay in my cabin for 5 day, I need to ask:
Do the TVs on the Majestic allow the playing of pre-recorded videos from USB sicks?
Also are buffets (in my opinion the main contamination point for the norovirus)still self serve are they manned by staff?