The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday October 26th, 2022

richwmn

1 minute ago, marshhawk said:

@sailingdutchy I loved all of your pictures.  The women are beautiful, but the picture I liked the most was this.  It represents a calmness, serenity and tradition all at once.

IMG_3185.thumb.JPG.5bf9abc482f5ea4c5e57558f8287edf1.JPG

I agree with you 100 %  @marshhawk, I also love this picture .

This is a very nice and special small temple where our guide told us some stories about the ceremonies , customs and traditions  .

On this very busy street once you get further inside there is that very special feeling and like you said serenity..........

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Hello from the Noordam in Tahiti     
     It is a off and on rainy day and yesterday in Moorea was also raining. I still went out and about, just got a little wet. There was no lightening /thunder so all was well. It was raining so hard in Town today that I jumped in a phone booth ! I did have a rain poncho. we will be heading to Rarotonga after leaving here.  All excursions have been cancelled by the port. No staff or resources. 
   Have to remain flexible on this cruise. I don’t care, I am on a beautiful ship and being treated very well so all is good. 
    Sorry to read that so many of my Dailylite friends are having troubles right now. You are all in my prayers. 
      Stay well. Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 4

An update from Barbara on our friend Shari.  Not good.  She is in ICU on a ventilator, she is unconscious, and she has some type of viral infection.  This is the 5th hospital in 6 weeks, and this time, they will not be releasing her after a week.  This is the hospital that you go to for the worst of the worst.  They would at least make her happy if they had a tv and had Somebody Feed Phil on for her.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Let them get the fever down, and I hope you got your hotel room back for tonight.

Thanks for the help on the quitting.  It is true that you need to want to quit smoking in order to quit.  I write down when I smoke, but I need to go back to the reason I light one to begin with.  Some are out of boredom, just sitting at the computer on the phone all day.  Some are habit, morning coffee with a smoke, and after a meal, and some are desire, when someone is nasty to me on the phone (how can that happen, I'm so nice)

And speaking of that job (jobs) my other boss informed us today that our last day on the campaign will be Saturday.  I told him it had been a complete pleasure working for him (it has) and he said he wasn't letting me go, he is signing me up for two more campaigns.  He says he likes me because I'm an adult (nice way of saying old fart) but I'm honest and dependable and I think he appreciates that. I did have to ask when those campaigns start though, as I cant pay for the transatlantic cruise on my "cuteness".

Prayers for everyone of you tonight.  I think we all need to feel some grace these days.

ff7155d62f056afbee477a95fe268da7--we-don-t-don-ts.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Good evening all, it is getting later here.  We've had a hectic few days, hope things calm down now.  At least we are having rain now, we have changed from "heat domes" to "atmospheric rivers" in the space of a week!

Thinking of and praying for all the Dailyites and their loved ones with health problems.  

We met the guide dog, Joska, on two cruises, on Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam.  When she is not workings she is very friendly.

IMG_4296.thumb.jpeg.c6aae900bd772af96c67dddf51ef309e.jpeg

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 3

Download when the download is good!

Here are some photos we took in Chateauneuf du Pape wine region today. One of the most renowned wine regions and also the remains of the Popes summer palace in France and the towns name.

The background mountain ,in vista pic is route of Tour Dr France bicycle race every three years.

Last time summer palace was used was in World War II when Germans used it as anti aircraft battery.

image.thumb.jpeg.806225dab2b7d475683adba3a8229803.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.803641d0236fe2f7bc89a9b84b48c266.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e458697b3ccfc93b10f1aa4bd71cd536.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.287f6cacd0ef321b197a18e0473d53cd.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.5e2f97db5c47e77aefb62602976a7d40.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b3d2c7336762a95bd325aa2f8817708c.jpegp

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

Last night’s dinner by Chef Voltaggio was outstanding. Every offering was fantastic but the shrimp and grits and pistachio brûlée were over the top delicious.

Another beautiful day in Viviers, France.

image.thumb.jpeg.bfc9b81cc812e4763ec1077a315b5a18.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.438b258470f12542545dc11587360ed1.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ca313ee3333d1d5ecc4f213ae3e3ccf2.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4238bdad2fcdd9be0ea3c39c5f4318f2.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.61ec993b35fcfcb22e927f6d557e4d6a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f088685df43c39ad3e4c160843534304.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ef715fa0aa09fab1ea3ac0b6e38a082b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.8a4044eba623a33a240f04e249e5487e.jpeg

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 3

16 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you for all the good wishes! I have graduated to “every four month” dermatology check ups for one year.  And if still no recurrences I graduate to “every six months”! Not sure if I will ever get to return to yearly check ups. 

Oddly, I will be ok if I don’t. 

My husband had melanoma in 2011. After 2 years he was cleared by the oncologist and after 5 years he only goes to the dermatologist yearly. After his scare we all now go yearly as well! He was only 33 when he was diagnosed. Best of luck and prayers for your continued recovery. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BrandelynCon said:

My husband had melanoma in 2011. After 2 years he was cleared by the oncologist and after 5 years he only goes to the dermatologist yearly. After his scare we all now go yearly as well! He was only 33 when he was diagnosed. Best of luck and prayers for your continued recovery. 

Thank you for that encouraging news. 33 is so young!

I am so happy not to have had a recurrence, I will count myself one lucky lady. 

• Like 5