Removing allergy restrictions

Wink87

On a previous cruise, hubby was a bit over the top on his description of his allervies. That resulted in him not ordering several things that he could very well have enjoyed. I would like to start fresh on the allergy question. I don't want to get on board and then find out I needed to clear this up prior to boarding. Any tips on who to contact or can I just tell the wait staff it no longer applies?

Just now, Wink87 said:

On a previous cruise, hubby was a bit over the top on his description of his allervies. That resulted in him not ordering several things that he could very well have enjoyed. I would like to start fresh on the allergy question. I don't want to get on board and then find out I needed to clear this up prior to boarding. Any tips on who to contact or can I just tell the wait staff it no longer applies?

Oops "allergies"

In my experience, they ask if you have any allergies before taking your order. I therefore can't see there will be an issue with what was reported on a pervious sailing.
Like every special need, they should need reporting afresh on each cruise.

Just now, ziggyuk said:

In my experience, they ask if you have any allergies before taking your order. I therefore can't see there will be an issue with what was reported on a pervious sailing.
Like every special need, they should need reporting afresh on each cruise.

Ty! I was concerned it was in their system as it followed us from venue to venue on that cruise.

8 minutes ago, Wink87 said:

Ty! I was concerned it was in their system as it followed us from venue to venue on that cruise.

If it does "follow you", then if anyone brings it up, just tell them there is no longer any problem, and they can remove any alert next to his name.

There are several reasons this could occur, and you don't owe anyone any explanations.

We have had situations where the cruise line clearly already knew from a previous cruise.  In our case, no problem, as there was no change.  But we still alerted everyone as if it was the first time.

GC

You can call NCL & get a notation removed.  I have traveled with someone who used a wheelchair for a while due to an injury, and then no longer needed it after recovery.  We had the "wheelchair assistance at check-in" notation first placed, then removed, from his file.