Heads Up: the Beyond no longer offers fixed early or late dining

kwokpot

I do believe what the posters are saying who are on board experiencing the current dining situation. I am on the 11/13/22 sailing. My reservation originally stated that I had "traditional" dining at 8:30. At that time I called Celebrity and the rep told me that I was at a table for 6. A few days ago the reservation changed to "Select Dining" with a seating time of 8:30. I called Celebrity again and was told that I had an 8:30 reservation at a table for 8. I pushed back a little with her but she insisted that she had accurate information. This is not going to ruin my cruise but I do believe that Celebrity needs to do a better job communicating the dining policy.

On 11/9/2022 at 7:43 PM, tomjn111 said:

I do believe what the posters are saying who are on board experiencing the current dining situation. I am on the 11/13/22 sailing. My reservation originally stated that I had "traditional" dining at 8:30. At that time I called Celebrity and the rep told me that I was at a table for 6. A few days ago the reservation changed to "Select Dining" with a seating time of 8:30. I called Celebrity again and was told that I had an 8:30 reservation at a table for 8. I pushed back a little with her but she insisted that she had accurate information. This is not going to ruin my cruise but I do believe that Celebrity needs to do a better job communicating the dining policy.

Many have had issues with booking select dining then getting moved to late dining.  First time I’ve heard this happening the other way.

3 hours ago, kinderteacher said:

Thank You so much for this heads UP!! So helpful! Does anyone know where we can find the menus of each complimentary restaurant and does anyone know if there are 1 or 2 night shows and what time they are??  Thank You Again sooo much!!!

Menu for Cosmopolitan you can download. It show the standard 14 night menu.  The are a few minor differences to what is now being served onboard. You can also look in the Celebrity App.  The correct menus should be updated tomorrow for the 11/13/22. If your cruise is further down the line you can get a rough idea of what will be served on what night but the change up the order sometimes. Just enough to screw up your plans for dining in specialty restaurants when the MDRs don't strike your fancy.

Ignore the "Exclusive" items, these are for either Edge or Apex. Look in the App for Beyonds "Exclusive" sections.

Shows are at 7pm and 9pm. The shows for the 11/13/22 cruise are now updated in the Daily Planner on the App. (Subject to any last minute changed Celebrity wants to make)

Edited by dreamer321
add note about Exclusive items being different than PDF.

On 11/12/2022 at 7:33 PM, NutsAboutGolf said:

Many have had issues with booking select dining then getting moved to late dining.  First time I’ve heard this happening the other way.

I am on the Beyond now and there is only anytime dining. There was a card in the cabin welcoming me to the Normandie and advising what the busy times were and also that we could go to any restaurant. We went to the Normandie at 8:15 and had to wait 20 minutes for a table

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tomjn111 said:

I am on the Beyond now and there is only anytime dining. There was a card in the cabin welcoming me to the Normandie and advising what the busy times were and also that we could go to any restaurant. We went to the Normandie at 8:15 and had to wait 20 minutes for a table

Thanks for the datapoint

22 minutes ago, tomjn111 said:

So it does seem that it's a permanent change on the Beyond that there isn't a fixed early or late dining option available and all four MDRs are fully anytime dining. Thank you for reporting this! 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

So it does seem that it's a permanent change on the Beyond that there isn't a fixed early or late dining option available and all four MDRs are fully anytime dining. Thank you for reporting this! 

I guess a couple of posters will be back on the phone shortly...🥸...

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, kwokpot said:

With all the changes we've seen in the past few years, I'm shocked at how many people will not accept this could/is a real possibility. Thank you for the heads up, I made reservations to avoid any unnecessary bumps. 

Patty