Anyone booked on Explora in May - July heard from their travel agents?

uktog

I know the cruise is not happening, I read what is being offered in the trade press and Explora say all agents have been notified with letters for booked guests.  I cannot get a hold of my agent but I have also heard nothing from them. Before I express disappointment at the agent for not passing information over promptly, has anyone actually been contacted by their agent or might it be the case the communications are still in the pipeline (trying to be kind to my agent)

With all the cruises you book, the agent should have you on speed dial. I have a Canada to Montreal Cruise booked that sooo far has not been impacted. I did call my agent, she was aware of the late completion of Explora I, so that agent was contacted by Explora Journeys. She had some customers impacted, I didn't ask what Explora was doing for the customers whose cruise was cancelled. Hope you get a response from your agent soon.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Arizonasunshine said:

With all the cruises you book, the agent should have you on speed dial. I have a Canada to Montreal Cruise booked that sooo far has not been impacted. I did call my agent, she was aware of the late completion of Explora I, so that agent was contacted by Explora Journeys. She had some customers impacted, I didn't ask what Explora was doing for the customers whose cruise was cancelled. Hope you get a response from your agent soon.

There has been a change in the agency - my contact has been headhunted to a senior position elsewhere and he is handcuffed for a while so we cannot change just yet.  Unfortunately the person who has assumed his role is struggling.  I am currently cutting him slack which is why I was checking whether the letters had actually gone out or not.  I have read in the trade press what they are doing for us, I am ok with it.

5 hours ago, uktog said:

There has been a change in the agency - my contact has been headhunted to a senior position elsewhere and he is handcuffed for a while so we cannot change just yet.  Unfortunately the person who has assumed his role is struggling.  I am currently cutting him slack which is why I was checking whether the letters had actually gone out or not.  I have read in the trade press what they are doing for us, I am ok with it.

I got lucky because my travel agent called me first thing in the morning to tell me that someone from Explora Journeys had called them to let them know about the schedule changes and the compensation that was being offered. My travel agent has never once praised a company in all the years I've been using her services, they must be doing something right. I am trying to decide which cruise would be most enjoyable for me and my wife. I have to admit that I am quite impressed with all of their decisions so far. Everyone you talk to in the Miami office is knowledgeable friendly and helpful.

• Like 1

Thanks, I’ve read the offer in the trade press and agree it’s a very impressive one.  
Part of me wants to still say maybe the UK agents were later being contacted and part says oh no, am I being let down by the agent I’d moved to after a previous let down when I’d just got my confidence in agents back.