When do formal nights usually appear in my.silversea?

les37b

For my next SS (10 night) cruise which is now 137 away, I expected to see the black tie to shown in activities when formal nights are. Night 2 is a sea day, so Im confident that will be the first. Its the second I want to know. With only 17 days before restaurant bookings are open - but more importantly, excursions have been bookable for ages. That will possibly make a difference to an excursion booking the morning after. (ie not wanting an 8.30 excursion.)

Is my.silversea just broken - or is that the new norm not to know or simply my cruise still undecided? 

1 minute ago, jpalbny said:

Les, on our Spirit cruise in November 2021, the black ties never appeared. Others have posted here that they appeared well in advance. Sounds like your guess is as good as mine (well, probably better).

Hehe..... Just seems a bit odd. For some they might want to dine in La Dame on the night (or avoid it).... so its not unreasonable to show it. Maybe it'll appear at T-120 when (if?) restaurant bookings can be made. I'm more thinking the next day and maybe needing a lay in! lol

On 10/27/2022 at 10:32 PM, jpalbny said:

Les, on our Spirit cruise in November 2021, the black ties never appeared. Others have posted here that they appeared well in advance. Sounds like your guess is as good as mine (well, probably better).

I'm guessing SS admin is not very well organised.............    I win! 😅

On 10/27/2022 at 10:43 PM, Gourmet Gal said:

It appeared about 30 days in advance for my cruise on the Moon last month.

OK thanks. I'm sure it was before then on our Moonie in January. I guess its not a priority to get updated and its not an issue, just a nice to know.

22 hours ago, Not a Georgia Peach said:

Our cruise is on the Moon in January 2023 and the black ties are already being shown on the itinerary.

Hi, See you on the Moon in January, we are doing back to back segments from Lima to Rio.  The black tie logo has appeared on two days in the first segment, Tuesday January 24 and Friday the 27th, and none yet on the second leg.  I watch for these because I tend to do La Dame on Formal nights.  This outing I don't know, after the last few meals at La Dame, I have come to the conclusion that they basically serve the same fare the the MDR but more of it, i.e 4 chops on a rack of lamb instead of 2 in the MDR.   It all comes out from the same kitchen.