Cake station hours on Carnival?

DAllenTCY

I've been on the Panorama and Horizon, and I know there are some times when they serve slices of yummy cakes.  I've missed it on some days.

Is there a scheduled time for serving in the Lido Buffet at that station?  The cheesecake there is far better that the one at 555 in my opinion.

Thanks.

David

Some of those layer cakes have been the best desserts I have eaten on Carnival, even better than the chocolate melting cake (don't judge me, just my opinion).  I don't know if they offer them on every ship or not.  Carnival had them on the Horizon.  If you like cheesecake, try the Funfetti Cheesecake layer cake only available on embarkation day...it is tangy, creamy and delicious.  The cake choices change every day so if you try one that you like, bring back some pieces to your stateroom to enjoy later in the evening because it will not be available again.  I believe they had 5 or 6 different cakes every day.  Some of the cakes I enjoyed were carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, red velvet cake, hummingbird cake, s'mores cake, peanut butter cake, etc.  The cake station was the first stop I made before I decided what to eat for lunch, some days the cakes were my lunch, LOL

10 hours ago, allinwonderland said:

It's only on the lunch buffet, which is usually 12:00-2:30pm. Sometimes (I think on port days) lunch goes from 12:00-3:30pm instead.

2 hours ago, tattoos said:

.  I believe they had 5 or 6 different cakes every day.  Some of the cakes I enjoyed were carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, red velvet cake, hummingbird cake, s'mores cake, peanut butter cake, etc.  The cake station was the first stop I made before I decided what to eat for lunch, some days the cakes were my lunch, LOL

I agree with all who posted here completely ! The cakes are usually the best desserts offered all during the buffet meals. My favorite *IMO) is the peanut butter layer cake w/chocolate frosting. I wish they'd serve three of these cakes during the dinnner hours. The desserts offered then arevery good but cannot match to the layer cakes. I have seen folks lined up at 11:45 a.m., plates in hand, just waiting like hungry tigers circling a wounded prey. Just waiting for the sign. If you haven't had the wonderful pleasure of a great slice of cake (they'll give you as big of slice as you want, too).If you happen to be in the buffet before lunch and see 4 or 5 frosted layer cakes sitting to the left of the buffet. Grab a plate and stand in line ! Believe me, there probably will be a line.

Mac

The variety can be overwhelming, as I want to try all of them!  On the Vista a couple of weeks ago, I tried one that had a coffee flavor - can't remember the exact name of it.  OMG - it was sooooooooooo good!!! Always a line for these cakes at peak times for sure.  Agree - wish they would offer some of these at dinner, as CCL's dessert selection is quite pitiful now. Thank goodness they still have the melting cake!

17 minutes ago, LHARTWICK said:

The variety can be overwhelming, as I want to try all of them!  On the Vista a couple of weeks ago, I tried one that had a coffee flavor - can't remember the exact name of it.  OMG - it was sooooooooooo good!!! Always a line for these cakes at peak times for sure.  Agree - wish they would offer some of these at dinner, as CCL's dessert selection is quite pitiful now. Thank goodness they still have the melting cake!

Noooooo overwhelming at, I just get a small slice of EVERY cake (one of those BIG dinner platters) and get a small slice of every cake (there were three of us) three forks. On one cruise, I had 12 slices of cake and was walking to our table and as I walked by a line of folks walking into the Lideo area, one passenger said, ' OMG ! I wanna eat lunch with YOU !!' I smiled and told him, "C'mon, as you can see I've got PLENTY !'.

Mac

• Haha 2

The wonderful thing about these cakes is that they taste and look like a cake you would make in your home from scratch.  I agree with SmoothFlying, it would be great if they offered these for dessert in the MDR.  

You can ask for a slice of every cake they have and see which one you like best.  Other than my favorite Funfetti Cheesecake, honorable mentions were the Oreo Cream cake, Raspberry Champagne cake, Lemon Meringue cake (o.k. I'm drooling now).  Some of the cakes are also Diet cakes but don't know if they were sugar free.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sammee said:

The German Chocolate is my favorite. I hit that up everyday it's available. 2 slices on a dinner plate.

Wow !!! TWO slices...? That's more chocolate than my mind could comprehend :)). An chocolate and choco-related cakes seem to be the main themed cakes on some days (IMO) But I will still get a very thin slice of them, regardless, because even the cocoa themed cakes are that GOOD. I t's atreat I won't pass up because I know the clock's ticking on their availability. One day on our last cruise on the 10 day Miracle cruise to Alaska they had a delicious pineapple upside down cake ( I got the second cut) when I returned to my table my wife saw it and asked if she could have it Pleaseeeeee. I said sure, and went back and they had already given the last slice from the 1st cake away and were setting up another one on the platter ! But I got a slice of that one for ME. 🙂

It’s been interesting reading all these posts.  It wasn’t that long ago that many people were complaining that the cakes tasted like sawdust, which is why I didn’t have any on my last cruise. Guess I’ll have to make up for it on my next cruise next week. 😋

• Like 1

On 10/29/2022 at 7:19 PM, luvcruzing said:

It’s been interesting reading all these posts.  It wasn’t that long ago that many people were complaining that the cakes tasted like sawdust, which is why I didn’t have any on my last cruise. Guess I’ll have to make up for it on my next cruise next week. 😋

Well, cruise (no pun intended) by the Marketplace deck cake buffet at about or about 11:45-12:00 and see if any of the cake(s) might interest you, if you're not sure just ask for a very THIN slice. You can always get a bigger one

Mac 

• Like 1

On 10/29/2022 at 6:19 PM, luvcruzing said:

Carnival revamped their lido cake selection a few years ago and they are much better than they used to be.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, inar said:

Someone needs to post some pics of these yummy cakes!   

I'll try. The wife and I did a Xmas cruise on the Glory in 2019 and she got some amazing cake pictures in the lunch buffet but she's not sure if she knows how to download then from her cell phone to the desktop computer (the one I'm on now) but she said she'd try. The young 20's-ish girls cutting the cakes were SO proud of those cakes, they'd pose while cutting them, with the BIGGEST smile.

Mac

3 hours ago, SmoothFlying said:

I'll try. The wife and I did a Xmas cruise on the Glory in 2019 and she got some amazing cake pictures in the lunch buffet but she's not sure if she knows how to download then from her cell phone to the desktop computer (the one I'm on now) but she said she'd try. The young 20's-ish girls cutting the cakes were SO proud of those cakes, they'd pose while cutting them, with the BIGGEST smile.

Mac

Cruise Food Pics.jpg

IMG_1348 (1).jpg

IMG_3848.jpg

IMG_3867.jpg

IMG_3874.jpg

IMG_1351.jpg

IMG_3764.jpg

IMG_3868.jpg

IMG_3874.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/31/2022 at 11:31 PM, SmoothFlying said:

Cruise Food Pics.jpg

IMG_1348 (1).jpg

IMG_3848.jpg

IMG_3867.jpg

IMG_3874.jpg

IMG_1351.jpg

IMG_3764.jpg

IMG_3868.jpg

IMG_3874.jpg

On 10/31/2022 at 11:31 PM, SmoothFlying said:

Cruise Food Pics.jpg

IMG_1348 (1).jpg

IMG_3848.jpg

IMG_3867.jpg

IMG_3874.jpg

IMG_1351.jpg

IMG_3764.jpg

IMG_3868.jpg

IMG_3874.jpg

My wife was able to download pics of all these pics of the cakes on lunch buffet on our Glory 2019 Xmas cruise.Enjoy the pics we sure did enjoy the cake

Mac  

18 hours ago, crazy4themouse said:

Looooove those cakes!! The raspberry champagne is my very favorite. The fact that it's sugar free is just a bonus -- It doesn't taste sugar free. It's probably like the "fat free" yogurt on Seinfeld, lol. I don't care -- it's delicious! 

cakes 1.png

cakes 2.png

cakes 3.png

That Chocolate Honeycomb Cake is seriously the best cake I have EVER had.  I would book another cruise just to have one slice of it.  On Vista in May I may or may not have taken three slices back to our room and kept them in the minifridge...

• Like 1