Cunard Open Dining

subaru94

We are going on the Queen Elizabeth from Melbourne to New Zealand in February 2023, they normally have 1st and 2nd sitting, however, when I logged onto our booking I noticed they now have open dining, has anyone experienced it as we are considering changing to opening dining.

Yes.

On Victoria right now and this cruise was the first to offer open dining.

The lower level of Britannia is set aside for open dining while the upper remains traditional two sitting.

Predictably the first night was a bit of a shambles but the kinks were sorted out by the second night. 

While it is possible to get the same set of waiters every night it is not guaranteed with open seating unless you eat early (and make a reservation.) If you just turn up at any time then be prepared for random waiters, although the maître d’ will do his best to match you with your preferred team.

If you’re happy with random waiters or a random table then open seating works as promised, even without a reservation. A reservation made in advance will save you the wait while the  maître d looks for an available table to seat you when you arrive.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2022 at 2:41 AM, IB2 said:

There is plenty about this on other threads already.

I put in Cunard open dining, nothing came up, going from my booking this is new to Cunard as they normally have 1st and 2nd sitting, hence my question.

I have had some issues with the search function over the years. These are the two threads I remember reading recently about open dining on Cunard. The second one I would have expected to show up in a search for “open dining,” but maybe not  

7 hours ago, subaru94 said:

I put in Cunard open dining, nothing came up, going from my booking this is new to Cunard as they normally have 1st and 2nd sitting, hence my question.

On QM2 there are three Britannia options:

Reserved table early seating (both decks 2 & 3)

Reserved table late seating (Deck 2)

Open table late seating (Deck 3) - this option also has more flexible seating times, from 7:45 to 9

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TheOldBear said:

Open table late seating (Deck 3) - this option also has more flexible seating times, from 7:45 to 9

So everyone should be happy. 😀

5 hours ago, TheOldBear said:

So if I am reading right open table setting is only from 7.45pm?? We maybe better off with our first sitting then?