Ovation of the Seas arriving in to Sydney today - 29th October 2022

1 hour ago, lesands77 said:

We are on the 16th tooĀ šŸ˜€

Did you get a Royal up ? Studio interior to balcony obstructed for $440 . Under 2 k for solo ... over the moon with that price.šŸ˜

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

Did you get a Royal up ? Studio interior to balcony obstructed for $440 . Under 2 k for solo ... over the moon with that price.šŸ˜

Thatā€™s a great price!! We just got lucky with the constant rebooking - we were originally booked on Serenade for December 2020 and were shuffled around via Radiance and now Ovation. They emailed us a royalup for $1600 each to go for a grand loft but thatā€™s waaaaay to much for an aft with no bath and a 380m walk to the solarium. The genie would have been nice thoughĀ šŸ˜„ā€¦.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, lesands77 said:

Thatā€™s a great price!! We just got lucky with the constant rebooking - we were originally booked on Serenade for December 2020 and were shuffled around via Radiance and now Ovation. They emailed us a royalup for $1600 each to go for a grand loft but thatā€™s waaaaay to much for an aft with no bath and a 380m walk to the solarium. The genie would have been nice thoughĀ šŸ˜„ā€¦.

Itā€™s still cheap for the loft but thatā€™s the price of another cruise.
The 16th is cheap , I think itā€™s because of the uncertainty of the ports.
I wasnā€™t interested because everyone I knew is busy .

My agent offered me a balcony for one at $2,300 ,so why not .Its cheaper than being at home.

Ā 

50 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Nice pic from the water, I wonder how check in/embarkation is progressing. She takes 4000 pax?

My parents had a 1:30 check in time, but I encouraged them to drop their bags off at 11 then go for a walk. When I walked past just after 1pm the queue of passengers with bags stretched almost to the police station.

Just off Ovation today, longest cruise we have done but for those looking forward to your trip itā€™s a nice boat and lovely state rooms (we had a standard balcony), great staff, standard cruise ship food and entertament and overall we had a very enjoyable 19 nights, only negative was the speciality restaurants that are well over priced and a tad disappointing in my opinion especially Izumi, drinks are expansive as well and priced in $US, Cocktails are US$15, Standard Beers $8.75 then 18% gratuityšŸ˜²

Ā 

My advice if you like a drink or 2 then get the package BEFORE you board, got mine on special at A$87 per day and that included the 18% gratuityĀ  (on board it was offered at US$90 per day plus 18% grat!!!) , also contrary to what you read I was able to buy just the 1 package, my wife does not drink alcohol or even soft drinks and so got her the 15 coffee card for about A$50 with no issues, just run the curser over both names in the online portal and see if it will allow you to add only 1 package, was told some cruise will do this some not, but if it does then Bingo! Maybe being 19 nights helped, it was still A$1650 all up for my package!!!!! and spoke to others who paid a lot more, so keep an eye on your planner every day or 2 or around USA holiday times when they run these specials.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, grozzy1 said:

My parents had a 1:30 check in time, but I encouraged them to drop their bags off at 11 then go for a walk. When I walked past just after 1pm the queue of passengers with bags stretched almost to the police station.

That is not good.

1 minute ago, Chiliburn said:

I might have to borrow your medallion uncle les maybe it might make check in quicker .

Ā 

image.jpeg.ac1d0ebd1f7f44d29ad21d77bedd8f57.jpeg

My Princess Black medallion won't work on RCI, sorry Chilli. That queue is madness, too many getting there at the wrong time slot. Are you on that cruise?

14 minutes ago, NSWP said:

My Princess Black medallion won't work on RCI, sorry Chilli. That queue is madness, too many getting there at the wrong time slot. Are you on that cruise?

No , I was just chatting with someone in the line and they posted a photo.

Next cruise in a couple of weeks.

Hey, I have a spare bed in my cabin? First time going solo for me ,you could show me a few tricks with these cougars.
Ā 

I could show you the Royal Caribbean dark side ,LOL
Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, NSWP said:

That is not good.

Getting off was bad enough as well, took us just over an hour this morning, never had to wait that long, was not RCI though, Was all down to either the port authority or Border force, again and again the ship kept saying delays in getting the approval to start disembarkation so by the time they opened them the queue in the ship itself was huge, then immigration, a few squeaky bums from those getting morning flightsā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.

Ā 

Contrast that with Honolulu when we had dropped off our bags and on board within 20 mins.

43 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I might have to borrow your medallion uncle les maybe it might make check in quicker .

Ā 

image.jpeg.ac1d0ebd1f7f44d29ad21d77bedd8f57.jpeg

Hmmm not sure if being in a suite will help me jump this queue, maybe I should have gone with that royalup genie! Unless someone has a red carpetā€¦ā€¦..?Ā šŸ˜‚

13 minutes ago, lesands77 said:

Hmmm not sure if being in a suite will help me jump this queue, maybe I should have gone with that royalup genie! Unless someone has a red carpetā€¦ā€¦..?Ā šŸ˜‚

Could you imagine a oasis class ,5000 plus maybe 6000 .

Ā