CPS parking

smokey01

Hi,

We are thinking of booking Iona on 26th November this year on the select fare. CPS have space for that cruise if we were to book ourselves but my question is if we take the select fare free car parking we are after the 35 days that you normally need to book the free parking so will they honour it? We can’t phone till Monday so wondering if anyone has had experience of this.

Also it is many years since we have used CPS (we now use Parking4Cruises who do not have space for that cruise) and I remember a couple of times having to queue for them to take our car, typically we arrive early due to a long drive in case we have delays on the road. What is the earliest they now take cars? 

6 minutes ago, smokey01 said:

Hi,

We are thinking of booking Iona on 26th November this year on the select fare. CPS have space for that cruise if we were to book ourselves but my question is if we take the select fare free car parking we are after the 35 days that you normally need to book the free parking so will they honour it? We can’t phone till Monday so wondering if anyone has had experience of this.

Also it is many years since we have used CPS (we now use Parking4Cruises who do not have space for that cruise) and I remember a couple of times having to queue for them to take our car, typically we arrive early due to a long drive in case we have delays on the road. What is the earliest they now take cars? 

Can't answer the first question,  but, iirc, they will not start collecting cars until 11 at the earliest, when the baggage "hole in the wall " opens.

But so many people ignore their allocated check in times,  that there is quite often a lengthy queue of cars at this time. Plus, of course, you may be turned away at the terminal if you arrive early.

13 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Can't answer the first question,  but, iirc, they will not start collecting cars until 11 at the earliest, when the baggage "hole in the wall " opens.

But so many people ignore their allocated check in times,  that there is quite often a lengthy queue of cars at this time. Plus, of course, you may be turned away at the terminal if you arrive early.

Well yes that is what I remember i.e. not until 11am but the hole in the wall must open earlier now because on our last cruise on Iona (24th September this year) we were sitting in the waiting room at 10.50am all checked in. I’m not sure what time we boarded but I don’t remember being sitting there for long.

4 hours ago, Fionboard said:

Have booked this cruise as it was ridiculously cheap. £1111 for 14nights, balcony cabin for sole occupancy, select fare with £325 obc. What's the catch?! 

Lots of spare capacity.

Returning to the OPs query. Booking select afte rthe 35 day deadline means that you only have the option of OBS as a benefit and not parking or coach.

However, where CPS have sufficient availability, the car parking option is often extended.

If P&O will offer you it to book, then CPS will accept your booking - is  my understanding.

2 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

Lots of spare capacity.

Returning to the OPs query. Booking select afte rthe 35 day deadline means that you only have the option of OBS as a benefit and not parking or coach.

However, where CPS have sufficient availability, the car parking option is often extended.

If P&O will offer you it to book, then CPS will accept your booking - is  my understanding.

You will find you have to phone CPS to book rather than use the website.

14 hours ago, Fionboard said:

Have booked this cruise as it was ridiculously cheap. £1111 for 14nights, balcony cabin for sole occupancy, select fare with £325 obc. What's the catch?! 

The catch is it's on Iona...😂. Now, where's my tin helmet?.........

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Britboys said:

Well we have only got back from Iona 3 weeks ago so it can’t be that bad if we are thinking of booking again for 4 weeks time. 🙂

Thanks everyone for the car parking help

9 hours ago, Britboys said:

Last week I saw offerings for solo cruising on Ventura's current cruise with no sole occupancy supplement.

The Ole Lady is currently visiting the outlaws.  I was tempted at taking up the Ventura offer just so as not to do any cooking and save on the heating and electricity!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Last week I saw offerings for solo cruising on Ventura's current cruise with no sole occupancy supplement.

The Ole Lady is currently visiting the outlaws.  I was tempted at taking up the Ventura offer just so as not to do any cooking and save on the heating and electricity!

There's a whole bunch of these no supplement cruises on offer, all sailing fairly soon.  I had one of my "special letters" on Friday just passed with about 12 voyages on it.  I'm guessing they want to fill empty space going from Autumn to Winter and one body is better than none!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Britboys said:

Exactly! Only been on her once and was not keen. However this was just too good to miss and not much choice at this time of year. Strange because the cruise on her I wanted earlier in the month is sold out! 

• Like 1

On 10/30/2022 at 8:56 AM, Fionboard said:

Well me and mum took a while to decide between this Iona cruise (same cruise we did 24th September) and just going on Ventura 26th November for a 5 night cruise. Iona for 14 nights won, we have booked 2 sole occupancy connecting balcony cabins for £1108 each with free CPS parking (if we booked one double occupancy balcony it would have cost us £2216). For us it is being on a ship that matters rather than which ports we go to. We have loved every MDR meal we have had on in the 3 Iona cruises we have done so far (even though others on the same cruise have complained) although the lunch buffet choices was not so great on the last cruise it was fine considering we also had the Quays area to choose from.

Fionboard, the only catch might be the weather! We will have to wait an see.

As far as CPS parking goes they accepted my booking online after about 14 hours of booking so I did not have to ring. Apparently they start collecting cars from 11am but they say it maybe earlier! As we have a long drive I have to leave plenty of time in case of problems. I know in September we were all checked in by 10.50am (we have priority boarding) so am not sure what will happen if we arrive early, I guess I will park up in the short stay car park but then I read about people having problems with that car park and parking eye sending them fines even after they have paid the car park fee. 

9 minutes ago, smokey01 said:

Well me and mum took a while to decide between this Iona cruise (same cruise we did 24th September) and just going on Ventura 26th November for a 5 night cruise. Iona for 14 nights won, we have booked 2 sole occupancy connecting balcony cabins for £1108 each with free CPS parking (if we booked one double occupancy balcony it would have cost us £2216). For us it is being on a ship that matters rather than which ports we go to. We have loved every MDR meal we have had on in the 3 Iona cruises we have done so far (even though others on the same cruise have complained) although the lunch buffet choices was not so great on the last cruise it was fine considering we also had the Quays area to choose from.

Fionboard, the only catch might be the weather! We will have to wait an see.

As far as CPS parking goes they accepted my booking online after about 14 hours of booking so I did not have to ring. Apparently they start collecting cars from 11am but they say it maybe earlier! As we have a long drive I have to leave plenty of time in case of problems. I know in September we were all checked in by 10.50am (we have priority boarding) so am not sure what will happen if we arrive early, I guess I will park up in the short stay car park but then I read about people having problems with that car park and parking eye sending them fines even after they have paid the car park fee. 

At that price I do not care about the weather! Enjoy!

Just now, Fionboard said:

At that price I do not care about the weather! Enjoy!

Likewise, additionally I’m so excited about having my own cabin to myself! I love Iona, I love being at sea, and I don’t mind a bit of rough weather. I’m so looking forward to be back onboard Iona 3 weeks today.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, smokey01 said:

Likewise, additionally I’m so excited about having my own cabin to myself! I love Iona, I love being at sea, and I don’t mind a bit of rough weather. I’m so looking forward to be back onboard Iona 3 weeks today.

Check in opened today.

3 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

Check in opened today.

Yes, all checked in. I guess next week we can book entertainment although on the last 2 cruises I think it was a few days after when they say we could book that it actually became available. Last cruise we could book an MDR time slot before the cruise but I think that was a trial so we may be back to booking on the night through the app, but that always worked ok. We normally like to eat at 8pm to make full use of daylight hours but this time we may eat earlier as it is going to get dark early. It will also be during the World Cup so we will have to work around England games. That said nothing will get between my time in the thermal suite whether England are playing or not. Apparently England maybe playing in the afternoon on Barcelona day if we get through, or Valencia night if we win our group. Unfortunately mum is more into football than me, so if we are playing Valencia night at 8pm (Spanish time) we will have to eat early. I’m hoping we get get through second in our group so we play Barcelona afternoon and I will still go to thermal suite. I don’t like to eat early. Hope we have different entertainers than in September. We had three very good comedians but if we get them again they will obviously be doing the same show. 

Does not look as though CPS are doing well at present.  We are booked on the Aurora 28 nighter leaving on the 11th Nov and someone on social media realised last night that parking for that four weeks with CPS was only

costing £100.  A number of us booked parking with them last night.  We cancelled our P4C parking at £137 for the more convenient as well as cheaper CPS parking.  Someone even reported being able to book 35 nights parking inarch for £100 as well.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, tring said:

Does not look as though CPS are doing well at present.  We are booked on the Aurora 28 nighter leaving on the 11th Nov and someone on social media realised last night that parking for that four weeks with CPS was only

costing £100.  A number of us booked parking with them last night.  We cancelled our P4C parking at £137 for the more convenient as well as cheaper CPS parking.  Someone even reported being able to book 35 nights parking inarch for £100 as well.

It sounds as though they might have let the P&O IT  dept manage their latest software update!😁

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

It sounds as though they might have let the P&O IT  dept manage their latest software update!😁

We had thought had crossed our minds, but we are booked and have full confirmation 🙂

With the extra OBS being given out for most cruises we are thinking it is probably best to book parking with P&O when you make a select booking, so we may change to that it on a couple of future cruises.

Barbara

Edited by tring

3 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

Just had a look for my June cruise  £162 for 2 weeks

Maybe to do with the time of year.  I have just put our car details in for the 35 nighter in March and instant quote came up at £100.  Perhaps it is a glitch, but someone had reported booking parking for that cruise for £100 at the time we booked for November - I did not go into a firm booking just now as we are not on that cruise.