Any changes to the 10+ night cruise Covid testing requirement?

Crown Vic

40 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

OK - If the cruiseline doesn't require proof of vaccination, how the heck do they know who is not vaccinated.   Seems an issue to me.

The web page is worded pretty poorly. But presumably you would have to show one or the other at boarding. What's poorly worded is it states unvaccinated guests must provide test results to DEBARK, but the bold writing at the bottom states 

Guests who do not meet the testing and health screening policy requirements will be denied boarding. 

That would suggest everyone on a cruise to one of those locations must either show proof of vaccination or acceptable test results to board. Which kind of makes sense unless they plan on having the loud "buzz" instead of quiet "ding" when exiting the ship...

59 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

OK - If the cruiseline doesn't require proof of vaccination, how the heck do they know who is not vaccinated.   Seems an issue to me.

The same way they have been handling most shorter cruises (9 nights or less) for the last month or two.  At boarding/part of the health questionnaire you have attest to or show proof of either your vaccination status or a negative test.

Happy that the policy has been updated as we have a 10 night Caribbean cruise coming up in Feb 2023!

It was nerve wrecking having to take the observed test in our hotel room at 5:30 AM last August for our Celebrity Alaska cruise from Vancouver  knowing that if we tested positive, we would not only miss our cruise but have to quarantine for 10 days in Canada!

Luckily we tested negative and had a wonderful cruise to Alaska (after a 4 year wait but that is another story).

Hopefully those days are behind us...

As far as I can see, mandatory testing is no longer a requirement to enter Australia and New Zealand yet Celebrity has retained the negative test requirement for these itineraries. Go figure! Accordingly to Celebrity under its exception for our Jan cruise,  you need a NZ visa to enter Australia, must have missed the official NZ takeover of OZ 🤣we're also exempted from vaccination requirements and yet last time I looked, Fiji part of our itinerary requires travellers to be vaccinated. All very confusing. Final payment tomorrow, perhaps we'll receive clearer instuction from X after that 🤣

23 minutes ago, Redking said:

As far as I can see, mandatory testing is no longer a requirement to enter Australia and New Zealand yet Celebrity has retained the negative test requirement for these itineraries. Go figure! Accordingly to Celebrity under its exception for our Jan cruise,  you need a NZ visa to enter Australia, must have missed the official NZ takeover of OZ 🤣we're also exempted from vaccination requirements and yet last time I looked, Fiji part of our itinerary requires travellers to be vaccinated. All very confusing. Final payment tomorrow, perhaps we'll receive clearer instuction from X after that 🤣

I’m pretty sure Australia and NZ still have testing requirements for cruise ships (which likely are different than the requirements for this we flying in).  All cruise lines are requiring testing for these itineraries and there have been reports from a Princess ship that some of the ports have even required additional testing upon arrival at that port in the last week or so. Celebrity isn’t doing this just for fun. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, songbird1329 said:

So, being vaxxed and boosted, I don’t have to test to go to Cartegena.  Good to know, as we will be on the December 12 Cruise on the Constellation.

I'm getting off Constellation on 12/12.

I'll try to keep her in one piece for you, but with some of the weirdos in my group, I'm not really able to make any promises!  😉

On 11/3/2022 at 4:28 PM, prmssk said:

I’m pretty sure Australia and NZ still have testing requirements for cruise ships (which likely are different than the requirements for this we flying in).  All cruise lines are requiring testing for these itineraries and there have been reports from a Princess ship that some of the ports have even required additional testing upon arrival at that port in the last week or so. Celebrity isn’t doing this just for fun. 

Celebrity's requirement for Australia and New Zealand seem pretty clear to me. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/australia-new-zealand-travel-requirements