VeriFLY check-in line

habitatnal

I’m responding because I’d like to know the answer to this as well. It sure seems that there is no need to bother with Verifly anymore, unless there is still a shorter line for those who have it. 

If you do not need to show your vaccine card and you do not need to show your test results then what would be the purpose of Verifly?

(The health questionnaire is included with the online check in.)

I've deleted it and said "good riddance".

• Like 2

And in our pre-cruise notifications from HAL received in the last few days for a cruise coming up very soon, of course the instructions say to post everything to Verifly.  I think they also use it for ID purposes.  We've never used Verifly at all, in lots of cruising in the last year plus.  I'm curious as well.

Edited by 12cruise2

There was a Verifly line in Quebec City Oct 8 (after protocols were dropped) for Nieuw Statendam.  We had Verifly, so stood in a shorter line which turned out to be poorly manned.  We annoyingly watched the people in the regular line quickly pass us by.  Don't bother with Verifly.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Interestingly I just received an email from HAL reminding me to download Verifly for a quicker embarkation.  We set sail on Sunday on the NA.

I'm on the same cruise and got the same email.  My guess is someone in their IT department neglected to turn off distribution on this automated notification.  I would say it's surprising but I've been cruising just long enough to have witnessed a lot of ineptitude in their IT/Tech departments so it really isn't surprising.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PMGS247 said:

I'm on the same cruise and got the same email.  My guess is someone in their IT department neglected to turn off distribution on this automated notification.  I would say it's surprising but I've been cruising just long enough to have witnessed a lot of ineptitude in their IT/Tech departments so it really isn't surprising.

It wouldn’t surprise me that they encourage us to fill out Verifly but then not use it when we board.  If that is the case it will go in my post cruise survey!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PMGS247 said:

Yes, they are in their kindergarten class right now ;).  You have to wait until they are finished.

• Haha 1

I believe we all did, sailing from Barcelona on Saturday.  But I’m going with cruisers with boots on the ground.

16 hours ago, oakridger said:

Boarded Rotterdam today. No sign of Verifly

On 10/30/2022 at 12:56 PM, gigianne said:

Did not use VeriFLY to board in Trieste - did not see a special line either.  

The app is a pain, I deleted it in frustration and I’m not downloading it again.  Will complete HAL health assessment and carry my vaccination card

I wasn’t even able to do anything on the app for this last week I was attempting. Neither add a cruise nor flight would do anything except the endless circling of the waiting sign. Didn’t need it anyway. It worked fine for me in September both for flight to Canada and cruise. 🤷‍♀️