Dora or NCL Excursion?

LakePerson

I’m trying to decide between a NCL excursion or using Dora. I expected Dora’s pricing to be the same or less, but it’s more - $75/pp. We booked with the NCL cruise offer that gets us $50 off one person for every excursion. 

For those that used Dora, was it a great tour and worth the extra $$?

11 minutes ago, LakePerson said:

For those that used Dora, was it a great tour and worth the extra $$?

Yes.  A terrific tour.  Big difference between being in a small group with an excellent guide and on a bus/walking around with 40 or so of your new best friends.

Not sure why you thought it might be the same or cheaper to take a small group private tour than a big group ship's tour, but smaller private tours are typically more expensive. 

We have been to Cartagena twice, really enjoyed it.  I hope you do too!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Yes.  A terrific tour.  Big difference between being in a small group with an excellent guide and on a bus/walking around with 40 or so of your new best friends.

Not sure why you thought it might be the same or cheaper to take a small group private tour than a big group ship's tour, but smaller private tours are typically more expensive. 

We have been to Cartagena twice, really enjoyed it.  I hope you do too!

Thank you so much for your input! We will book with Dora. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just returned from 10 days on Radiance of the Seas that included Cartagena.  We took Dora's tour, which was great.  Dora was our guide.  She was very informative.  We saw lots, but never felt rushed.  We also appreciated Emma, Dora's assistant, who helped keep track of everyone, so no one got let behind.  She kept good track of time, and we made it back to the port with plenty of time to spare.

• Like 1

We booked a private tour through Dora on March 10th.

Cost was $95 each for the four of us.

What a fantastic day. Jossette was a great guide. We were met on the pier and taken to our air conditioned van.

We saw so much and enjoyed the narrative offered. 
I highly recommend Dora.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Dora was amazing we had a wonderful day touring Cartagena. Just back from our 11 day cruise on constellation. Safe driver in AC clean van, Emma met us exactly where Dora emailed us she would be waiting for us. Dora speaks excellent English guided us well during a very busy time right before Easter. Felt safe, Emma kept us close. Beautiful views above the city at La Popa, City tour of Fort and old Walled City with walking tour and Emerald Museum. Highly recommend Dora 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/10/2023 at 7:48 PM, Cruise till you drop said:

We just got back from Cartagena (Celebrity Edge Panama Canal cruise) and next time I wouldn’t get off the ship to avoid all those aggressive vendors.

But if I did, not sure this is a place I would take a private tour and instead I would stick to a ship tour (safety reasons)

The problem we had was our ship tour was a large group. Felt it attracted the vendors more. Looking for a smaller group next time with Dora or go on our own.