anyway to manage a reservation for 3 cabins on one cruise

garysol1

I have booked 3 cabins on the Escape for May 14 2023 for a surprise college graduation gift. One cabin is in my name, one is in my daughters name and one is in my sons name. All are adults. Since I am the one paying for all 3 cabins I want to be able to manage all 3 from the NCL webpage. NCL rep told me that that is impossible and since my name is not on the other 2 cabins that they can't even tell me anything about them or change them in any way even though I am the one that booked and paying for them. Has anyone been able to regain control of their bookings when their name is not in that cabin?

Set up NCL accounts for your son and daughter but use your own email address. You'll have to log in separately for each one but you'll at least have control over them. After the cruise, they can switch their accounts to their own email addresses. We did this with our first cruise with our daughters. They're both married now and have switched their accounts to their own emails so they can access them for their own cruises.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MaggieNY said:

Set up NCL accounts for your son and daughter but use your own email address. You'll have to log in separately for each one but you'll at least have control over them. After the cruise, they can switch their accounts to their own email addresses. We did this with our first cruise with our daughters. They're both married now and have switched their accounts to their own emails so they can access them for their own cruises.

They all share my email address but when I am logged into the NCL website (with that email address)I can only view the booking that corresponds to the cabin I am in. When I search for the kids booking number the website says that they are not retrievable. When I called into NCL they said that is the way it works unless my name is also on all of the cabins. 

I just got off the phone AGAIN with NCL and they are now saying that they can link all of the reservations but since we included the air promo they would need to charge us an extra $100 per guest to do so....... I asked for an explanation but the rep really did not have one. I think I will have my wife call......lol. She has sharper teeth than I do.

21 minutes ago, garysol1 said:

I just got off the phone AGAIN with NCL and they are now saying that they can link all of the reservations but since we included the air promo they would need to charge us an extra $100 per guest to do so....... I asked for an explanation but the rep really did not have one. I think I will have my wife call......lol. She has sharper teeth than I do.

Perhaps "sharp teeth" isn't what's called for here.   Perhaps a gentle, neighborly:

"Awesome, thanks for getting this done for me.   One last thing, is there anything I can do to get that hundred dollars waved?"

...might be more in order?

Edited by EvanBedar
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, EvanBedar said:

Perhaps "sharp teeth" isn't what's called for here.   Perhaps a gentle, neighborly:

"Awesome, thanks for getting this done for me.   One last thing, is there anything I can do to get that hundred dollars waved?"

...might be more in order?

Yep, I have the sharp teeth in the family so my husband makes the customer service calls. We always book 2 cabins for the 7 of us, 2 different accounts, 2 different emails, all set up by me. I think the other is in my husband’s name but I definitely set it up.

4 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

Yep, I have the sharp teeth in the family so my husband makes the customer service calls. We always book 2 cabins for the 7 of us, 2 different accounts, 2 different emails, all set up by me. I think the other is in my husband’s name but I definitely set it up.

I'm the Karen in the wild, so my husband does all the talking...not really sure how I got to be so successful in the HR field. 🙂

30 minutes ago, garysol1 said:

we included the air promo they would need to charge us an extra $100 per guest to do so

But yep...since you have airfare, there's a fee. It's $100 which is the cost of a dinner for two. I think you'll be ok and suffer less stress...orrrrrrrr, your kids could manage their own bookings like the adults they are. 

52 minutes ago, garysol1 said:

The linking that they are referring to is a new(er) program that will ensure that you all fly on the same flights. The air program allows people in the same cabin to be on the same flight, but you pay extra to have other cabins included on the same flight.

To solve your initial problem: MaggieNY was close, but you need to set up an NCL account for your son and another for your daughter using "throwaway" email addresses that you create. Then you will have the login and password for their NCL accounts, which you turn over to them post-cruise. This is assuming that they don't already have NCL accounts in which case the reservations will be linked to them already.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

I'm the Karen in the wild, so my husband does all the talking...not really sure how I got to be so successful in the HR field. 🙂

But yep...since you have airfare, there's a fee. It's $100 which is the cost of a dinner for two. I think you'll be ok and suffer less stress...orrrrrrrr, your kids could manage their own bookings like the adults they are. 

The OP indicated that this trip is a surprise for the kids.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Funny. In real life my wife is a HR Director. She definitely has the perky work personality but then there are the times that I pitty who ever has to be on the receiving end of her phone calls.....lol. As for the kids managing their own bookings we are trying to keep this trip a surprise. 

25 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

The OP indicated that this trip is a surprise for the kids.

We managed this by starting the gift reservation with a new temporary email address that came to us, not them.  They had no idea about it until we chose to tell them.

🙂

Then we had them change the e-address, etc., by giving them the password to "their" reservation account. 😉

GC

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

To solve your initial problem: MaggieNY was close, but you need to set up an NCL account for your son and another for your daughter using "throwaway" email addresses that you create. Then you will have the login and password for their NCL accounts, which you turn over to them post-cruise.  

Thank you. That is what I ended up doing. Its a hassle that shouldn't be but oh well. Now to keep our fingers crossed that we are all on the same flight.

24 minutes ago, garysol1 said:

Funny. In real life my wife is a HR Director. She definitely has the perky work personality but then there are the times that I pitty who ever has to be on the receiving end of her phone calls.....lol. As for the kids managing their own bookings we are trying to keep this trip a surprise. 

Ahh!! A surprise...did I mention reading comprehension is uhh, well...oops! 

Your wife's work and personal personality sound way too close to mine haha

Glad you were able to figure it out and enjoy the heck out of your cruise!

2 hours ago, garysol1 said:

since we included the air promo they would need to charge us an extra $100 per guest to do so

This could have some value if you want to fly together. The $100 ($25/person) is to ensure you all get on the same flights. The way you have it booked now you, each cabin could have totally different flight itineraries each way. 

1 hour ago, dandelpino said:

This could have some value if you want to fly together. The $100 ($25/person) is to ensure you all get on the same flights. The way you have it booked now you, each cabin could have totally different flight itineraries each way. 

I wish it were $25 a person. That would be a no brainer...... it is $100 person times 6 people.