End of the season disturbance discussions

PelicanBill

Airlines are waiving change fees for flights into Miami (and other airports I'm sure) mid week. 

I'm supposed to fly BOS-MIA Thursday morning arriving around 2:00PM.  I'm thinking that's probably not going to happen.  My question is whether same flight Friday morning would happen?  Seems like it should be well over by then.

And bummer that @PelicanBill is away through this.  

Edited by PATRLR

15 hours ago, PATRLR said:

I'm supposed to fly BOS-MIA Thursday morning arriving around 2:00PM.  I'm thinking that's probably not going to happen.  My question is whether same flight Friday morning would happen?  Seems like it should be well over by then.

For MIA specifically Friday at 2pm you have a great chance for clear skies. Considering how front loaded the storm is - and how far north it's tracking - Thursday may not be as bad as you'd imagine barring any large changes. The cold front stalled and won't be forcing much south. However, BOS - MIA doesn't leave much room to fly around. 

EDIT: As soon as I say that the 11ams start coming in and Thursday morning looks like centered over Orlando. 

Edited by IrritatedEllipses

Thanks for jumping in!

The login problem wrecked my access for the last 2 weeks while I was on my cruise.  Sorry to all those whose travel was disrupted by Nicole. What a surprising storm so late in the season.  Many people on my cruise were saying "but the season ended November 1..."   no it didn't!  Season ends November 30!

Martin pushed away a couple days before we arrived to Jamaica.  Nicole pushed away a couple days before we arrived to Grand Turk.  It left 8-10' seas for us, which was unsettling to many on our ship after 12 days of smooth as glass sailing. Every day, smooth, sunny, amazing.

It's been a decent season for storms - not too much disruption and damage to cruise interests.

I don't expect we'll have much to discuss after this!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1