Dry dock question

chrismakris

Anybody have any idea on any upcoming dry docks for ships?

Just checking because for our Solstice cruise in late November 2023 it only has 10 accessible rooms left. 

Seems odd for it to be sold out so early but maybe it’s just popular. 

It’s the only thing I can think of.

Edited by chrismakris

I believe what you're asking is when will the refurbishment called "Revolutionized" resume?  Unfortunately they're currently on hold presumably due to missed revenue during the pandemic.  Ships can "dry dock" for maintenance and perhaps at the same time, make minor changes such as new carpeting (which can be done while sailing) in some areas or have the hull painted.

2 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I believe what you're asking is when will the refurbishment called "Revolutionized" resume?  Unfortunately they're currently on hold presumably due to missed revenue during the pandemic.  Ships can "dry dock" for maintenance and perhaps at the same time, make minor changes such as new carpeting (which can be done while sailing) in some areas or have the hull painted.

You are spot on! Revolution has stopped and it is a shame. Eclipse in July was clean but badly worn. Carpets in some public areas were badly worn and reeked of mildew. The couch in my suite was badly worn and broken down such that it reminded me of beat up furniture in my college fraternity house so many years ago. I was disgusted to see Celebrity PR team touting recent dry dock of Reflection with painting of hull and mechanical updates with no mention of needed soft goods update or even a projected date for it to be revolutionized.

16 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Yeah. I was concerned that it was going to be in during our cruise. 

I guess it’s either really popular or someone has booked up a ton of rooms. 

I mean, there’s not even a roll call for the cruise. 

23 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

It's possible they haven't released rooms yet; you mention only 10 accessible rooms left, how many total do they have?

Not sure. But those are the only rooms left which seems odd for a late November 2023 cruise. 

That’s why I was wondering if there was a scheduled dry dock or maybe somebody is maybe planning to charter. 

Edited by chrismakris