Live From The Getaway..... 1-8-2023

Laszlo

2 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

I love that bus! Is it a public bus or some sort of special resort bus?

The graffiti is well done too!

I believe it was a private bus, the horn was pretty funny….different meows lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Laszlo said:

Just pulled into cloudy St John Antigua…. Hopefully it clears off

10C194F8-DDE0-4E96-A29B-6E1D1AEAD841.jpeg

63B0EF5D-40AF-4118-9C4A-126AD1A8DF84.jpeg

4D232079-94B5-4D65-9FA0-E0A9DF9AB050.jpeg

F242D37E-31FF-44AB-807B-DA06A4325219.jpeg

3906B2AF-D82D-4167-B3DC-1309D781DE67.jpeg

I’m curious as what device do you use to hold your camera to the railing?

I assume I could also attach my IPhone. 

Thanks!

Tom🤓

I confirmed last night in Cagney’s that you can no longer take your dessert to go after dinner. I was told it is for “The safety and health of the cruisers.”

The first night at La Cucina I was told I couldn’t take my cannolis to go since “they might cause an accident.” I was able to get them to my room wrapped up in a napkin. No one was injured.

Mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 18

3 hours ago, registrar said:

How was Antigua? Any beach recommendations?

My absolute favorite place in the Caribbean is BeachLimerz in Antigua. Next's year's cruise was chosen specifically because Antigua is on the itinerary and we are definitely spending the day here:

https://www.beachlimerz.com/

Edited by brookie848
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, registrar said:

How far is Beach Limerz from the dock?

Can you take a taxi and just walk on the beach?

When you book with them, they arrange transportation (at least they did in the past). It is a short taxi ride (maybe 10-15 minutes?). The same driver will then come in the afternoon to take you back to port.

Edited by brookie848
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike C said:

I confirmed last night in Cagney’s that you can no longer take your dessert to go after dinner. I was told it is for “The safety and health of the cruisers.”

The first night at La Cucina I was told I couldn’t take my cannolis to go since “they might cause an accident.” I was able to get them to my room wrapped up in a napkin. No one was injured.

Mike

I had been reading a lot that no to go, but saw another table at LaCucina last night have their unfinished pizza brought back out to go, so when my son didn't finish it and wanted it to go we figured we'd ask.

No push back at all. They put it in a smaller plate and put one of those plastic lids on it. He even went back and got a fork and knife and wrapped them in a cloth napkin for us.

Maybe only cannolis are a danger to the other passengers. Those suckers are real slippery....lol. 

Not surprising to me that there is an inconsistency in what can and can't be done from one day to the next/one waiter to the next.

Sorry you had to smuggle your item out like a thief in the night.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Laszlo said:

2DDEE099-A005-485C-9889-3BD6EFABD170.jpeg

Mine is likely to be an unpopular opinion: Now, while I think the show was very good, I personally liked the prior two shows better.

It wasn't just that I didn't know some of the songs, it's that the energy in the room was different. Perhaps that was expected by those that knew the album, but it wasn't by me. That isn't a complaint. Just a fact. Energy was different -- not bad energy. I just prefer the other shows energy is all.

It was worthwhile to see and the band is very talented for sure. But it's a one and done for me. If I am on this or another ship with a Syds I would likely skip the Rumours. YMMV

20230115_195835.thumb.jpg.549d4bfbe0498a245af79a0c0340c4af.jpg

@Laszlowhere were you? I thought you guys went to the other side of the room. Your pic looks like a zoom in of my pic. Were you sitting on my lap...lol? 

What was your take away from the show (as I think your had not seen the others to have any expectations going in)