Price Drop FCC More Than Once

gmbhardy

5 hours ago, TrumpyNor said:

I received about $1700 FCC (2 persons) on a cruise we did had booked for the summer of 2023. When I applied for the pricedrop FCC (about 2 months before sailing date), my PCC actually asked me if I wanted to wait with the FCC application until I was closer to the sailing date, as I could apply for it as late as 16 days before sailing date. And stupid me replied to just go ahead and apply at that time instead of waiting. Turns out the cruise price dropped with another $1000 during the next month... So next time I will definitely wait until closer to the sailing date to apply for it.

It is a possibility that the price reduction will get smaller. It could vary considerably for different cabin classes as well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cruiser2015 said:

It is a possibility that the price reduction will get smaller. It could vary considerably for different cabin classes as well.

Also the possibility that the cabin category will sell out so no price reduction at all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, RD64 said:

Or just be happy with the cabin category and price that you booked at.

Nope, not a chance, as we currently have a price of $5700 for 2 persons in an inside cabin for a 10 days cruise (that includes FAS gratuities and the daily service charge). We will be going with a group of friends, so changing sailing dates is not an option.... That is why I am hoping for some kind of price reduction after final payment (and if it doesn't happen, then it is what it is, the cruise will be great any way - it is just my wallet that will be deeply unhappy). But I am at this point sincerely considering cancelling the cruise at this point (with no penalties), and then rebook maybe 2-3 months before sailing date instead (it is unlikely that the cruise will be sold out by then).

Edited by TrumpyNor
Adding information.

4 hours ago, TrumpyNor said:

Nope, not a chance, as we currently have a price of $5700 for 2 persons in an inside cabin for a 10 days cruise (that includes FAS gratuities and the daily service charge). We will be going with a group of friends, so changing sailing dates is not an option.... That is why I am hoping for some kind of price reduction after final payment (and if it doesn't happen, then it is what it is, the cruise will be great any way - it is just my wallet that will be deeply unhappy). But I am at this point sincerely considering cancelling the cruise at this point (with no penalties), and then rebook maybe 2-3 months before sailing date instead (it is unlikely that the cruise will be sold out by then).

I just re-read your first post and I'm a bit confused.

You said you had an FCC from a 2023 cruise.

Then you spoke of your upcoming cruise and a price drop on the upcoming one.

Did you already receive another FCC from the next one?

I'm wondering if you were discussing when to "apply" (use) the first one to the upcoming cruise. If that was your dilemma, note that you may apply more than one FCC as a payment towards future cruises.  Also, using the one from 2023 does not prevent you from getting another one; nor does it prevent you from doing a cancel/rebook of the new one to capture the current price reduction; I don't think that you forfeit a used FCC until after the final payment date.

1 hour ago, cruiser2015 said:

I just re-read your first post and I'm a bit confused.

You said you had an FCC from a 2023 cruise.

Then you spoke of your upcoming cruise and a price drop on the upcoming one.

Did you already receive another FCC from the next one?

I'm wondering if you were discussing when to "apply" (use) the first one to the upcoming cruise. If that was your dilemma, note that you may apply more than one FCC as a payment towards future cruises.  Also, using the one from 2023 does not prevent you from getting another one; nor does it prevent you from doing a cancel/rebook of the new one to capture the current price reduction; I don't think that you forfeit a used FCC until after the final payment date.

I have received FCC from my 2023 cruise, and then I have booked a cruise for 2024 where I plan on using the FCC that I have already have received as part of payment (just haven't had it applied yet as I am uncertain if I will cancel my 2024 cruise and rebook closer to the sailing date). And yes - I was wondering if a cruise that is partly (or even mainly) paid with FCC also would qualify for pricedrop FCC on the second cruise IF there is a pricedrop after I have paid it in full - that I then could use on a third cruise (eg. in 2025). Sorry about causing confusion.....

24 minutes ago, TrumpyNor said:

I have received FCC from my 2023 cruise, and then I have booked a cruise for 2024 where I plan on using the FCC that I have already have received as part of payment (just haven't had it applied yet as I am uncertain if I will cancel my 2024 cruise and rebook closer to the sailing date). And yes - I was wondering if a cruise that is partly (or even mainly) paid with FCC also would qualify for pricedrop FCC on the second cruise IF there is a pricedrop after I have paid it in full - that I then could use on a third cruise (eg. in 2025). Sorry about causing confusion.....

No apologies necessary.

I'm no expert on this subject, so you need to confirm what I'm saying here (call NCL to clarify your options).

I believe that your FCC is now a cash reserve in your NCL account, to be used per regulations.

It should have no impact on what happens with this new cruise and getting a fresh FCC for this 2024 cruise to be used on that #3 if the price drops closer to your sailing date..

Again, remember that as you are more than 120 days out, you may cancel your 2024 cruise and rebook at the current rate. There is no limit on how many times you can do this before final payment.

Just two caveats: any special promotions you received (such as OBC) will be cancelled - you will receive any that are currently offered; also, I think there may be a complication if you took the BOGO air option.

Good luck.

• Like 1