Price Drop FCC More Than Once

gmbhardy

Has anyone received FCC, or any other form of compensation, for a price drop after final payment more than once? I’m referring to different bookings. When I received a price drop FCC last year there was a note attached specifying this was a one time gesture of good will. Is that true?

D

4 hours ago, RosieRoo said:

I was told the exact same thing, one time only. I never tried to do it a second time. 

Ditto.  Have been contemplating this exact topic.

Should I try anyway?  See what happens?  "Nope" is the worst I can get.

If they up my FCC or allow cabin upgrade on top of FCC, yay me.

37 minutes ago, leithbones said:

D

Ditto.  Have been contemplating this exact topic.

Should I try anyway?  See what happens?  "Nope" is the worst I can get.

If they up my FCC or allow cabin upgrade on top of FCC, yay me.

Go for it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Good luck. Let us know if you get a good result. 

I have been successful twice, waiting for reevaluation on #3 (they said price hadn't dropped).  The one time gesture applies to the specific cruise, meaning if the price drops again they won't give you any additional fcc.

• Like 3

On 11/3/2022 at 10:37 AM, gmbhardy said:

Has anyone received FCC, or any other form of compensation, for a price drop after final payment more than once? I’m referring to different bookings. When I received a price drop FCC last year there was a note attached specifying this was a one time gesture of good will. Is that true?

You get ONE bite at the price drop apple per cruise.  It has been that way since I starting cruising in 2011.

1 minute ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

The terms and conditions state that "Only 1 price drop FCC may be issued per qualified reservation".

You cannot request for another FCC for the 2nd price drop on the same cruise. But if you has two cruises, I believe each booking is reviewed separately.

You can request whatever you want, it just will not be granted! 🙂 🙂 🙂

• Haha 2

Just curious what the new drop amount is that you're contemplating. If we're talking <$100, is it even worth it? Several hundred, or in my case for my most recent price drop of $1,890 - yes, it's worth a call.

Depending on the room you're booked in currently, do some research first to throw out option B of a complimentary upgrade instead so they have 2 options to work with that would make you happy.

I applied for a price drop adjustment last February and received a $660 FCC. The verbiage in the email stated that this adjustment was a one time gesture. It didn’t say for this particular cruise but I assumed it meant in general. Rethinking my assumption and that’s why I asked the question. Can you apply for an adjustment after final payment on different cruises or is it really just one time? If I am unable to request an adjustment any more there’s no sense monitoring the prices of my future ctuises after final payment.

When did the credit given for a price drop after final payment turn into an FCC that is not issued until the cruise is over and that has to be used in a year?  My recollection, which may be faulty, is that (pre-pandemic) you used to get some OBC that could be used on the same cruise on which the price dropped. 

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

When did the credit given for a price drop after final payment turn into an FCC that is not issued until the cruise is over and that has to be used in a year?  My recollection, which may be faulty, is that (pre-pandemic) you used to get some OBC that could be used on the same cruise on which the price dropped. 

It's new since restart. FCCs entice more bookings which NCL needs desperately. The amount of the FCC has changed over the past months from 50% - 25% back as FCC to now 100%, one time per reservation. We got some on both our Jan 22 and May 22 cruises which we are using on the Jan 23 cruise.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, peg013 said:

It's new since restart. FCCs entice more bookings which NCL needs desperately. The amount of the FCC has changed over the past months from 50% - 25% back as FCC to now 100%, one time per reservation. We got some on both our Jan 22 and May 22 cruises which we are using on the Jan 23 cruise.

So it’s one time per reservation. That’s what I wanted to know. Thanks. I guess I need to keep monitoring my future cruise bookings!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, peg013 said:

Peg, thanks for that info.  Happy to learn my memory wasn't faulty! 😂

That new 50% "sale" actually resulted in a price drop for our Gem PC cruise (the Feb. 6 leg), so I requested whatever it is they could give us.  We'll see.  (Not sure it will be enough to entice another booking in the time frame allotted.) 

8 minutes ago, DebSam said:

I have a cruise booked for Feb 23 and August 23. If I get FCC can I apply it to the August 23 cruise.  Right now I am waiting to ask for the FCC since it only can be done once. 

Yes, you can apply it to an already booked cruise as long as it is within the year. The FCC actually reduces the price of the cruise vs being a credit on your statement. I used all of ours (4 including hubbys) on the same already booked cruise. I read now that if you accept an upgrade you forfeit the FCC but do not know if that is true or not.

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

Is the one-year limit a "sail by" date or an "apply by" date?  Thanks!

Both - must book and sail w/i one year. Quote from my email: "These credits will be available for one year to book and sail, upon completion of your current sailing 05/29/2022."  Date quoted is the date we disembarked.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, gmbhardy said:

I applied for a price drop adjustment last February and received a $660 FCC. The verbiage in the email stated that this adjustment was a one time gesture. It didn’t say for this particular cruise but I assumed it meant in general. Rethinking my assumption and that’s why I asked the question. Can you apply for an adjustment after final payment on different cruises or is it really just one time? If I am unable to request an adjustment any more there’s no sense monitoring the prices of my future ctuises after final payment.

Sorry my answer didn't seem clear enough for you.

1 hour ago, EvanBedar said:

They gave me a FCC of $473 already but standard balconies on the Sun for mid December just fell another $400 per person.  So I just mentioned to ‘em.  We’ll see what happens. 

Good luck! I asked for reconsideration of our $1200 FCC each when the cruise went down an additional $4000 while I waited for their initial response. I got their response within minutes of emailing them. Their response was sorry - one adjustment per cruise after final payment.

1 hour ago, peg013 said:

I asked for reconsideration of our $1200 FCC each when the cruise went down an additional $4000 while I waited for their initial response

Yikes!!   Definitely a crap shoot when to ask for an FCC after final payment.  😮

• Like 1