Princess Platinum Insurance Work Stoppage Coverage

cruzdawg69

4 minutes ago, cruzdawg69 said:

Does Princess Insurance coverage cover loss if unable to get to cruise due to a work stoppage by a common carrier ? 

If you read the terms, it does say if covers trip delays, if you’re late getting to or from the ship.  It also covers trip interruptions.  And, if you can’t go at all, there is CFAR with Platinum.

BTW, very unlikely the majors will strike. It usually is a bargaining ploy.  Let’s hope anyway!  If they did vote to strike, which is not likely, there, then is a 30 day cooling off period.  

45 minutes ago, Mittens101 said:

Sorry am I missing something in the news? I try not to watch😌

Yes you are.  Contracts are being negotiated with United, American and Delta.  They all want raises and better benefits.  But, all the analysts are agreeing very unlikely to produce a strike. This always happens during contract negotiations.  

4 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Yes you are.  Contracts are being negotiated with United, American and Delta.  They all want raises and better benefits.  But, all the analysts are agreeing very unlikely to produce a strike. This always happens during contract negotiations.  

Agree.  AMTRAK also a possible strike.  

You would be responsible for attempting to arrange alternative transport. 

23 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Ok thanks we fly southwest next Friday to our cruise fingers crossed they agree on a deal 

9 minutes ago, cruzdawg69 said:

What if flights were made using Princess EZAir ?

You would contact EZAIR. Always pribt your travel summary, if gives you direction if your flight has changed or cancelled, with whom to call and the phone numbers.  

Just before your itinerary on the travel summary. 

4 hours ago, VibeGuy said:

Southwest, like distilled water, is unionized but IIRC, they have never struck.  They’re the one carrier I wouldn’t worry about.  

You may not worry about them because of a strike, but I really worry about them.  My experience is they cut flights right and left.  They leave you with not one flight available for 2 or 3 days on either side. I’m totally disillusioned by the change in flight availability.  They’ll cut a 2.5 hour nonstop flight and put you on a 12 or 13 hour flight another day. All the miles I have on southwest have become a waste.  I’m forced to fly with everyone else.  I used to be their biggest fan. Not any more.  . 

I wouldn’t worry about them from a *labor action* perspective.  My dislike of them stems from their refusal to build connections in irrops - you’re flying nonstop A-C, which cancels, they won’t put you on A-B-C unless that’s a published, sold sequence.  I went 0:2 with them and they haven’t seen a dime since. 

1 minute ago, skynight said:

I could be incorrect, but believe the insurance only covers travel from your home to the ship if you purchased that air travel through EZ Air.

We used PCL platinum insurance for our return flight, which was canceled and couldn’t get home for 2 days. It covered our hotel and meals.  We rebooked our own flight with the airline and no charges incurred.  It was NOT booked with EZAIR.

It was a trip interruption.