Shareholder OBC denied

ober134

DH and I have separate brokerage accounts. Neither of us own 100 shs individually. In the past I've submitted a copy of each statement which when combined are over 100 shs. Denial says 100 shs must be one account. In the past they've accepted the 2 accounts combined. Is this new or did we get lucky in the past? I have no plan to purchase more shares at this time.

19 minutes ago, ober134 said:

DH and I have separate brokerage accounts. Neither of us own 100 shs individually. In the past I've submitted a copy of each statement which when combined are over 100 shs. Denial says 100 shs must be one account. In the past they've accepted the 2 accounts combined. Is this new or did we get lucky in the past? I have no plan to purchase more shares at this time.

You were lucky.  Time is now to buy

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Island Dog said:

I considered buying 100 shares for the obc, but when I discovered market prognosticators give Carnival an over 50% chance of bankruptcy, I changed my mind. 

I'm quite heavy and was heavier. Bought for the dividend. Lost 65k and took that loss last year but still have a lot. I'm sure hoping they make it. Maybe black friday a nice sale.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Island Dog said:

I considered buying 100 shares for the obc, but when I discovered market prognosticators give Carnival an over 50% chance of bankruptcy, I changed my mind. 

Which makes “buy low, sell high” so difficult for many to do.  If your prognosticators are correct then Carnival stock has about a 50% chance of increasing in value.  In the mean time you get $100 onboard credit for a 7 day cruise and with the stock under $10 a share that’s better than a 10% return on your money.  On a 14 day cruise or longer you get $250 onboard credit.  After your cruise you can always sell the stock if you’re still concerned about bankruptcy.

ONLY INVEST MONEY YOU CAN AFFORD TO LOSE.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1